Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
What stock tyre size did the L-tye come with? The difference in inner fender between P-type and L-type does make sense, as the inner fenders between a flared Celica GTS and non-flared GT are different to accomodate the 7" wheels with fat tyred, and 5.5" rims with skinny ones, respectively. There are pics on this forum elsewhere of a P-type with the flares removed. There is a big sheetmetal difference underneath!

My non-flared A6 celica had 185/70s (or something) on those same 5.5" alloys stock. I have the GTS/P-type rims with 205/60 tyres and lowered an inch or so no problems. Might get away with 215s without scraping, though some people say lowered springs scrape with 215s.

What has this got to do with your car? Well, I always assumed L-type front guards were similar to A6 celica front guards (umm fenders to you US blokes) , so the wheel/tyre clearance issues would be similar... buit I just looked at your pics again and the L-type seems to have mini-flares up front! Wow, never noticed that before. Definetly more flared than a non-flared celica. Wheel arches look wider, too.

I'm not pimping my car, i thought the pic would help :)

· Registered
93 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.