Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News Coverage

So yea, last week, I'd say Thursday through Saturday or whatever, we had bad rains and winds roll through. Bad flooding, but I headed out the storm down to NC (it had already rolled through NC so I was in the clear) Thursday afternoon after work. Clocked out and 10 minutes later power shut down. Traffic lights and stuff were out.

The funny thing that made me write this thread was people destroying their car by trying to ride through the water. I had just put two new front tires on this girl's car, and she picked it up Thursday. Today I was told it got towed back in the very next day. She threw a rod after sucking in water haha. And today another girl had a car towed in. Says it won't start, won't even crank, and that she went through so much water the carpet inside is still wet haha.

Before I left a few roads I need to take were flooded. I didn't even try it. Not worth the risk of sucking in water.

I hope yall are being safe when it floods and not "thinking" you can make it through haha. Can't compress water folks....the end.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I did the same thing here. Drove down one end of my street and found it flooded over. Went the other way and it was flooded also. Pulled back into the driveway, went inside, and called work and said I ain't coming in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts