Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
Prof and Rudi none of the early XX Brochures have those wheels??

Only my newest XX Brochure has a pic of the XX with the '85 Hatch with double spoiler and those wheels???

CJSREDPRA said:
Yep, it does. Which in this case would be the correct wheel for a 2800GT, BUT I'm not sure if it's the correct wheel for a JDM 82.

So.... Archie, Beaker, or anyone else who has a 82 JDM CelicaXX Sales Brochure... Can someone verify this info for me & Rudi??

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
They look similar to the ones that came on the soarer. Meaning the black in the centers. So it looks like a hodgepodge of things..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry guys, I should have mentioned, the car is a Jap import, the rims aren't the original, they are polished soarer rims. (spot on turbogoo1)

It may have been repainted, I am unsure of that...I will take more photos on the weekend, unfortunately the photo above was taken when it was getting rather dark..

The hatch isnt the original one (was changed due to rust, i never saw the original)

the rear spoiler is also not original, it came with the hatch...(its also slighlty different to the factory spoiler, little wider and it has a depression down the middle of it)

i'd imagine the sticker down the side isnt original either, since it says SUPRA on the back.

anyways...I'll get some other photos this weekend and post em up.

Thanks
Rudi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for posting those pics Peewee, I haven't had a chance to post until today.

I took some more photos last weekend and made some other discoveries.

There is evidence that at least the front has been repainted, some paint is peeling off the bumper revealing black underneath. And the clincher is that the lower bumper section is not the same colour as the bottom of the car (see pics)

So if anyone can tell me the original colour that would be great.

Also slightly off-topic, but if anyone has scans of the brochure (and/or owners manual) I would love a copy.

Thanks
Rudi

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
Nice find Tanya!! I just was about to post it as well!!

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
HOORAY!!!!

Editing BAN has been lifted!!! 1st posting has been updated. New paint codes & 1 picture added.

·
Registered
90 Posts
man i cant find the difference between super deep red and red metalic!
oh well, this is very well put together!
u are a gentleman and a scholar! I salute you.LOL

EDIT: i guess my dads is super deep red. red metallic doesnt seem to have that luster. ;)

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Super Deep Red is a gloss paint & does not have any metallic in it.

The Red Metallic was a 82 only color (if you're just talking about the MKII paint codes).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Super Deep Red is a gloss paint & does not have any metallic in it.

The Red Metallic was a 82 only color (if you're just talking about the MKII paint codes).
Which color code is Super Deep Red?

Also everyone... the page URL for the charts have changed to:
http://www.toyotareference.com

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
41 - 60 of 129 Posts