Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
i'd do it - and i will

its a good chance to inspect the tank for leaks or rust, plus i have a rule about flammable liquids and their proximity to a welder...

·
Registered
319 Posts
that is awsome, i used to have a 1990 rs camaro before my supra and when not paying attention one day i hit the grage pole and scraped and dented the shit out of the rear left quarter, i never knew how ya fixed that kind of damage, but now i am informed, is it as structurally sound as the origional, did you run into any warping problems during or after you welded?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It is as strong as the original. I only replaced the outer skin so with the welds it should stay as strong. No no warping it amazingly fit right in.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
where did the donor panel come from. if from another car, is there a good place to get a new one(other than another car).

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It came a much sought after Celica XX, I'm pretty sure. By much sought after I mean Rust-Free. Other than off a old car I'm not really sure where to get one.....Dealer?????????? If so It will probably cost 10,000 or so dollars LOL.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey to bad these pics are down. I have to do this soon on my friends 84, and I wouldn't mind to get a look at this template before I start cutting and welding!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey that looks nice! I did the same thing on the same side, but I cut the quarter just before the gas tank and after the window. It came out good. I haven't got a flare yet but thats soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are these pictures still around anywhere?

I'm trying to find a good picture of a clean quarter as there is a place that may be able to make them but they want to see a detailed picture of where the flare attaches.

The company is in Frelighsburg Quebec; www.alfaparts.net he said probably $300 per side...their stuff looks pretty nice...they could probably also do just the lower front and back.

Anyone have good pictures? Thanks

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yea I got them give me a few days......Finally got broadband at home again!!.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
GAMBO said:
Are these pictures still around anywhere?

I'm trying to find a good picture of a clean quarter as there is a place that may be able to make them but they want to see a detailed picture of where the flare attaches.

The company is in Frelighsburg Quebec; www.alfaparts.net he said probably $300 per side...their stuff looks pretty nice...they could probably also do just the lower front and back.

Anyone have good pictures? Thanks

I'm also in the middle of a 1/4 panel job on my 84. I just ordered 2 new 1/4 panels from Cross Canada Body Parts. The application is 82 -85 celica..part #'s 814650f-1 and 814650f-2 ...cost is between 86.00 and 170 depending on if your a dealer or if your forced to pay list price. The rear 1/4 's are the same on the celica so they will work just fine. I'm new to the site and very glad to see so many people share my passion for Supra's. I will post some pics of the panels when they arrive and juring installation. Website is www.crosscanadaparts.com

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Donn29 said:
Are you able to get me better pricing on stuff? Would like to get a few other items from there.
Sure Don i would be happy to help ya out but they will require that the parts are shiped to me first then I would have to forward them to you.. Frieght may offset the savings....put a list together and i will see what i can do.
B.R.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts