Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
The ones from crosscanadaparts.com.

It's in another thread somewhere through here.
Last I remember about the thread was dogstar saying he was going to try them.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
stevrock said:
The ones from crosscanadaparts.com.

It's in another thread somewhere through here.
Last I remember about the thread was dogstar saying he was going to try them.
Thanks Stev that confirms what i was thinkin had to be done. Good deal under $100.00 . i did some searching and can't seem to find any info on the P and L type rear 1/4's . Maybe you can find that tread or dogstar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is some sexy body work. And like, not an illusion. I hate bondo jobs. My Black 92 Celica Convertible has a left rear quarter panel that was hit before I owned it, and the previous owner got a bondo job done to it. And not a very good one. Yours is like, the way ALL body work should be done.

OOH! And you're in Richmond. I lived there for 5 years. I miss it. :( Great work on your car and sweet color. I may see about paying you to do something similar to mine, seeing as you're so nearby.

P.S. The abandoned overgrown parking lot in your signature looks like this one off of ... I think it was Brook Rd. on the North side of Richmond. Always looked like there was supposed to be some sort of mall there, but there wasn't. Either that, or any number of abandoned shopping centers on the South Side off of 360.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im going to have to replace my 1/4 panels soon on both sides of my 84 and im wondering if the panels from crosscanadaparts go all the way to the door jam or pretty close?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I still have them in a box so I can dig em out and post some pics for ya. I believe they do go all the way to the door but pics will give you a better idea. They are in fact L type so a little tweeking to get the flares back in place but not a big deal. I 'll do it tomorrow for ya !!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Well here ya go I hope it helps!!!
It's about an 1/8 or 1/4 " from the door .
BTW this is my parts car now so no i'm not tring to rebuild this poor fella gotta keep it might need that hardtop someday ;)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Beer break so I thought I would add an update . The panels are on and I wish I could say it was a perfect fit with no issues but thats not that case so here the skinny

rear line along moulding was off on one fender

rear contour should be in not out on the bottom to match bumper profile

flare install will take some effort but not too bad.. drill and screw and Kbox has the trim

the top of the panel has too much of a bow so you will have to pound on that for a while if you want it to look right but again it isn't way off just needs a little help to match correctly.

feels like 20 guage or 22 g so very light sheetmetal be careful not to warp it

use a panel crimper to join panels before welding

Well thats it the rest is up to you on bodywork and how well you can hide the truth :D Personally I use short strand kitty hair as a base and then a light skim with filler . It prevents cracking and sure helps with hiding shitty welds :rolleyes: Verdict is get them while you can because if you had to start from scratch you had better be damn good with sheetmetal and have lots of spare time . I'll update before and after the paint flies could be another few weeks as I still have some work to do on the panels ...and moonroof wiring etc etc :door:
Some of us with the rusties will have to first make something to weld to :duh:

don't try and run a bead when installing panels !! First tack along the entire panel 3 or 4"'s apart to avoid warping .

At this point you have to wonder how in the hell is this going to look good !!

Kitty hair and a board file get you to this stage and now it's filler time to take care of any scratch marks and inperfections .

I hate bodywork so have a stab at my welds or at my car but I hope this helps someone wondering if they actually fit and let them know that the 1/4's can be an aternative to feeding our cars to the crushers because of rust . Good luck with your projects mine is finally getting close . Cheers !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please give me hope and tell me you are not a professional. I can't swing the 4 grand it will take to completely straighten mine out by a professional, so I have made the (probably stupid) decision to try to replace the rear qtr myself after I get the frame straightened.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Post a pic of how it looks now.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I cut it off a 80's celica in the U-PIK-IT yard. $70.00 for the panel and a full set of seats.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Holy thread rivival, but what type of welder did you use? Just wondering if it was a straight-up arc welder or something fancier (mig or tig)

I know nothing about welding, but 1\4 replacement is in the cards on a used sup I'm eyeballing. Will be second car.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Post a pic of how it looks now.
Better late then never I suppose .. heres the end result . They aren't perfect and they take some work but in the end it's worth it if you don't have a perfect Supra .

Doug , I used a Mig with Co2 and a shit load of wire on my car so just take your time and complete one job at a time . Good luck and keep us posted :D

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yes very nice.....I ended up with alot of pinholes in the damn mud, had to fix them later.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm also in the middle of a 1/4 panel job on my 84. I just ordered 2 new 1/4 panels from Cross Canada Body Parts. The application is 82 -85 celica..part #'s 814650f-1 and 814650f-2 ...cost is between 86.00 and 170 depending on if your a dealer or if your forced to pay list price. The rear 1/4 's are the same on the celica so they will work just fine. I'm new to the site and very glad to see so many people share my passion for Supra's. I will post some pics of the panels when they arrive and juring installation. Website is www.crosscanadaparts.com
Here are the Toyota part numbers

MA61, GA61. R/H rear 1/4 :- # 61601-1B190
With antena :- #61601-1B210
With over fender/flair :- # 61601-1B220
With antena & flair :- # 61601-1B420

MA61, GA61. L/H rear 1/4 :- #61602-14850
With over fender/flair :- # 61602-14860

i don't know if we can still buy these.. But if you can, let me know as i need a R/H 61601-1B190 for my GA61..

cheers

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Even tho' the rear quarter is not a "bolt on piece" I've been told that there are aftermarket(??) rear quarter panels that you can buy (at least for other vehicles(??)).

Was this a "new" rear quarter panel that U bought or U cut a good one off another car??

If U could answer this please as at some point I've got to do the same thing for the driver's rear quarter of Car #5.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Never mind...this post just popped up above mine and answered my question.

Thanks,

D

41 - 60 of 80 Posts