Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Do you know of a common rusting problem in the rear fenders, just under the rear speakers? If so how can I fix it.
You need to 'just fix it'. If you don't know how you need to learn about bodywork in general.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
or sell your car
they dont sale quarter panels you have to cut one up
cooper research body work
Um, slooow down guy.... L Type panels are still available, heck info on them is likely in THIS THREAD. There is not too much work involved in mounting a fender flare to fit on a L Type panel, that is if you can manage to weld it in well enough you'll figure that out!

Not only that but he's talking about the inner fender, which is totally different.

B

·
0 Posts
i am going to do the same thing to my car this winter. theres a pick and pull with 3 p types with perfect bodies

·
Registered
79 Posts
Um, slooow down guy.... L Type panels are still available, heck info on them is likely in THIS THREAD. There is not too much work involved in mounting a fender flare to fit on a L Type panel, that is if you can manage to weld it in well enough you'll figure that out!

Not only that but he's talking about the inner fender, which is totally different.

sorry to dig up an old thread....

But it says that you can still get the "L" type rear 1/4's

Q:- Where, & how much....?? i need a R/H rear 1/4 for my GA61....

any help will be good

thank you..

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Cross Canada had them on their website until 1-2 years ago. They are not on their website anymore (was actually Celica rear QTR Panels = L-Type Celica Supra). You can try contacting them so see if they have any left - their URL is in previous posts, but they NO LONGER list them as something they stock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
(was actually Celica rear QTR Panels = L-Type Celica Supra)
Just to be clear here -
Celica GT = L-Type Supra
Celica GT-S = P-Type Supra
rear quarter panels, fronts clearly different for both

·
Registered
63 Posts
lol I really enjoyed that you put this up, it gave me the enthusiasm to actually restore my car. The hardest part for me was actually finding the quarters panels from a donor car that was close to where i lived. Mines an 84 and the front bumper was trashed, and the only one i could find to replace it was an 83 like yours lol. not my favorite, i prefer the way the turn signals wrap around on the 84's and up, but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Sweet, ....I'd be proud too, LOL...

I wish I knew how to Weld...might take a course on it at some point but ya gotta be good to do that kinda work...Don't wanna be "learnin" on a Supra, LOL

Cut off both Qtrs off my very first original car...just gotta get someone to do as awesome a job welding one side in to one of my cars that gonna be a Turbo...definitely want to have that lookin' like Urs

Cheers, man

61 - 80 of 80 Posts