Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured its long since overdue for me to post some pics of my ride. I meant to right after Suprollapaluza in August, but I haven't had the time till now. Just before the meet I finished another round of mods to the car. I seem to do all my mods in batches every now and then. I also seem to alter the appearance of my car at least once a year. This August I went with a mock "drifter" look, just for kicks :D Seeing as the car looks quite different now and I'm about to perform another batch of mods, I figured I'd post these. I've let a couple slip out already. They're in background size, you can select smaller versions to view at the bottom for the bandwith challenged.

http://www.pbase.com/suprafiend/mypics

The ones titled My_85X are the new ones of the car in drifter guise. To complete the look, I was running the black hood of my 86, my drag wheels and tires on the front (15x8 +12 Hayashi 5 spokes with 245/50-15 Dunlop SP8000s), ultra deep dish (and stupid rare) 15x8 SSR mesh with a NEGATIVE 17mm offset and 3.75 inchs of LIP! (and 225/50-15 Firestones). Also to complete the look was a shiny new exhaust and Cnd\JDM spec Trueno AE86 steering wheel. I've since ditched the hood (gone fiberglass), steering wheel and gotten my proper front wheels to seal and installed them(15x7 compomotives).

Heres some SDR lovin from Suprollapaluza (Chris Es,Terrys and mine)...

http://www.pbase.com/image/23356770

The performance mods consisted off a custom 2.5 catback (ultra flow dual muffler, magnaflow tips, resonator), new 2.5 cat, half custom pace setter header (yipe down all custom), iridium plugs, LJM strut tower bar, Kool Blue drop in filter, and a HomeDepot special intake with thermal wrap. I haven't really taken any pictures of the engine bay, and can't so don't ask (camera is in the shop). I will after the next round of mods though as they focus on the engine bay (but aren't limited to). Heres some old pics of the headers if you haven't seen them yet...

http://www.pbase.com/image/19862551
http://www.pbase.com/image/20469022

Now for the fun stuff, I'm going to head to the shop right now and get started on the next round! I few more breathing and power mods, some efi tunning, cams, a few handling tweaks, new leather, more wheel work, and hopefully some paint!

·
Premium Member
8,435 Posts
You need to add amber 194s in your running lights, will look really cool with the turn signals.

I really like the pic of the SDR with the mountains in the background!!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Niiiccceee, just like mine...only a little better. Looks pretty up there.

Eric

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
The car looks good man! Im glad you ditched the black hood tho ;)

Why dont you run the SSRs at all 4 coners? Do you only have 2?

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
306 Posts
i've always wondered if metal flake in super deep red would look tacky.

//EDIT: Whoop forgot to leave my comment, very cool car, and an amazing header

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Malloy said:
The car looks good man! Im glad you ditched the black hood tho ;)

Why dont you run the SSRs at all 4 coners? Do you only have 2?
Yep, but I've got an old pair of 3 piece compomitive meshs that match pretty well. I may have a line on another pair of SSRs but I think they're only 7s. I'm going to widen my comps to 7.5s or 8s so they're flush with the flare like the ssrs are. These are my street rims, the hayashis are my track wheels.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
535 Posts
Dragonfyre said:
i've always wondered if metal flake in super deep red would look tacky.

//EDIT: Whoop forgot to leave my comment, very cool car, and an amazing header

It depends, I have seen some really nice cars with that.
but also some tacky cars too.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Picture at Moriene Lake-
How did you get the (front) turn signals to light up and stay on(if it does)? Does it blink? What about the side marker (supposedly the ones that stay on) how do they work?

·
Registered
347 Posts
For a moment I thought that was a CARBON FIBER hood. Would really like to see that on a red mk2. (backed out of group buy long time ago)

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
teng said:
Picture at Moriene Lake-
How did you get the (front) turn signals to light up and stay on(if it does)? Does it blink? What about the side marker (supposedly the ones that stay on) how do they work?
Ah my famous Morriene lake shot (it was in last years CS calander). There were no cars coming so I really rushed that one. Forgot to roll up the window and I had the hazards on :lol: I would have actually prefered if they hadn't lit up for that shot

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was thinking... have you driven your supra up those moutain? if you did I was wondering how well does the mk2 take it going up hill? Down hill? any drifting? :D

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Very cool pics man :p

ps. you dam post whore now I'll never catch up :wink: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
teng said:
I was thinking... have you driven your supra up those moutain? if you did I was wondering how well does the mk2 take it going up hill? Down hill? any drifting? :D
Oh yeah. I've taken supras of mine to the tops of mountains and back several times, on dirt roads, stone roads, gravel, etc. I try to be as nice to this one as possible though. As for the drifting on windy roads? Never, the last thing I'd want to do is smack my baby into a cliff or worse, another car. Shes my Highway Cruiser, Parking Lot Abuser tm. :D Now if only I can find the time to work on my project car, and not this distraction.

Hey Zank, :violin: :)

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alrighty, the calendar is out and the pic I submitted of my own car didn't make the cut :cry: Yeah yeah, :violin: Anyways, I can release it now, here it is, the best of the bunch of the ones on this page imo...

http://www.pbase.com/image/24931026

You can see my exhaust and header even!

And heres a couple I just took tonight. We've been getting some really werid weather for west coast BC lately. Last night the special was a small snow storm follwed by frozen rain! I give you a CS forum first, the ever IcePra!!!

http://www.pbase.com/image/24931025

http://www.pbase.com/image/24931024

I'm not even going to try and open it, I'll wait till it thaws out. My wifes car was even worse. Took us 20 minutes to chip it all off so we could open the doors. Hope shes topped up on oil!

http://www.pbase.com/image/24931023

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its not the snow that causes rust, its the salt and grim on the roads getting trapped on the vehicle. I stopped driving it when they salted, but it was our only functional vehicle for a couple days so its got some mush on the underside. She gets a power wash undercarriage bath as soon as all this crap melts. And goes back in the shop once deans car is out (this sunday).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ice & snow

Ahh, he's one'a those candy-assed lower mainlanders....see a few flakes of snow and they shut the whole city down for days!!! :wink:

Seriously tho' I know how it is, the good car being the only one running when the crap weather hits. Shame you had to risk it on Vancouver streets; I've seen how too many there react to driving on snow.

Now I have to go dig my supra outta 3 feet of snow to move in inside for engine install....

Ken

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey man, I'm from northish Saskatchewan and have lived in Northeren Ontario, this is nothing! And I'm in mission btw, people are a little better here with the weather. But still, this is a society that usually gets at most a week of snow every year, no point in buying winter tires for that. Its best that things do shut down when it rains all night then freezes :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts