Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my way home from my girlfriends house in my '84. At a red light at about 2 AM, I pull up next to what i thought was a 4th Gen V-6 Firebird. So i rev my 2.25 inch exhaust pipe with my Ravin' Muffler and glance over. It's a middle aged guy, he kinda looks over and shakes his head. About that time i notice the words "Trans Am" on the side of the car. I figure he isn't racing and about that time the light turned. While i sat there pondering it, he watched me disapear in his rearview.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
actually, he was probably smirking at the fact that you failed to notice his stealth bomber... those things do pack 200 horses just in the v6 anyways, and 270 or better in the v8s.

your lucky it wasnt a formula though... those damn things can have any engine from a 3400 v6, up to a ls1 with a factory/dealer applied linginfelter package.
from 200-450 horses, all with the 'formula' badge, and little to no external warning.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Trans Am should all be V8s. Its the Firebirds that come with either the V8 or V6. Either one will smoke most NA MkIIs.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Actually...4th gen F-Bodies, the Forumla and Trans Am are all LT-1 or LS-1's. The Firebirds are all V-6's.

And yeah... either one will smoke a stock Mk II... tho the V-6 Bird won't get too far from ya.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Personal experience, a V-6 bird auto can lose to a Mk II if the driver knows how to shift. Of course, introduce the LT1 or LS1 powered cars and its all taillights :shock: kinda fun to watch, though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts