Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally found out how to post pics.. sooo i thought i would let everyone see what i have been up to. i bought a 5m out of an 84 to put in my 82 since mine was getting pretty tired and i am going to be replacing alot of stuff with some aftermarket goodies i guess you could say ;) well enjoy!

what i started with, when i bought it,

after i cleaned it up and got new tires and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a little more on the progress ;)

have the guage cluster out and needles painted and the grose green covers gone on the lights,

have the valve covers and intake mani and cam gears all painted and ready to go on the new motor thats currently in the midsts of getting the gaskets replaced and new water pump and alt and oil and filter pretty much everything...

finished the guages for where the radio used to be, with my push button start

have most of the motor disconnected and ready to come out. and the interior is pretty much ready to go back together with new seats and the guage cluster and radio guage setup. along with my new steering wheel and such, well pics are worth 1000 words so....

there will be alot more to come :) hope u like all the pictures hahaha :zzzzz:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice pics your car is looking good nice use of winter time

Cant wait to see more of this car:)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i have some more parts i can share with the rest of ya ;)

first is a mint original consol cover ;)
then my fuel pressure regulator
then my whiteline 1 inch drop front springs.
than a couple pictures of my heat shielded carbon fiber intake it comes with a flexible expandable 3 inch dryer vent typr hose so i can run it right to the lower air dam :zzzzz: true cold air that will stay cold.

hope you guys and gals like the update and pictures i know i love pictures :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and my mom gave me hell for getting oil on the carpet.... my bad lol. im 22 and still making messes lol.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
green valve covers, black intake manifold, and blue cam gears...WTF!
AFPR, but only a dummylight/ Narrowband to monitor it??

Cant say I agree with whats being done, but at least your getting stuff done.

Keep up the work.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
green valve covers, black intake manifold, and blue cam gears...WTF!
AFPR, but only a dummylight/ Narrowband to monitor it??

Cant say I agree with whats being done, but at least your getting stuff done.

Keep up the work.
it will all come together. ;) i am buying a wideband system soon so that dummy air fuel guage is going and my color scheme i am loving it, i wanted to be different :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
some more updates the cam gears are now painted black ;) just deciding on what to paint the block and head the cam towers are black so i might just do the block and head a silver, more pics to come :)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Are you sticking with the 82 vacuum Engine controls, or are you going with the 84 ECU and such?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am running the 82 stuff just swapping over the intake mani and dist and all that stuff, to my 84 5m. but i will not be runing my egr and plan to do alot of vac line clean up.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
more progress. the old motor is ready to be pulled out, got my full exhuast, and my interior is put back together with my new steering wheel, yes i know the carpets dirty but its going to be taken out and cleaned and then painted black, and my front suspension is done, my front end is done new ball joints, and tie rod ends, and front hub and all the re greased, enjoy the pics. and my header has the first coat of paint on it the vht flame proof stuff, its flat silver.

more to come..

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
duplicolor spray fabric and vynil dye, about 3 cans done it really light coats on the carpet....

I did it to my shitty grey carpet and made it all black about 2 years ago and its held up and worked like a dream looks great too.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
duplicolor spray fabric and vynil dye, about 3 cans done it really light coats on the carpet....

I did it to my shitty grey carpet and made it all black about 2 years ago and its held up and worked like a dream looks great too.
i will try it out man thanks :) light coats to stop it from getting all clumpy and hard and such i am guessing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys :) it should be looking nice when its all finished :thumbsup: if i can only figure out all the vacuum lines when my new motor is in... :eek4dance: lol. should be okay, more updates and pictures asap :salute:

1 - 20 of 426 Posts