Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frustration ~

I have an MkII ,,, and I really really really really
need to Disarm the "Theft Deterrent System".

I mean Remove it from the loop completely.

I have the Schematic in the Supra Manual and
I am pretty sure the TDS on the steering column behind the Dash.

The car has an Aftermarket Alarm System and they dont play well together.
I also have a key ring chip installed to start the car.
The aftermarket alarm has been disconnected but
the Factory TDS continues to shut down the car.

I want to Remove the factory TDS ,,
but i don't want to climb under there & start cutting wires because the car is pristine.
Although I don't know what cutting wires would matter
because the car wont run right now now .. haha

Has Anyone dealt with this issue ?
Which wire to cut to take out the TDS but allow the car to run ???

Thank You
Ernzt

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Unplug the computer.

I have an awesome alarm/starter/turbo timer/you name it. It didn't work with stock system. I never could figure out how to make the work together.

The computer is behind the drivers side armrest in the back seat. If you remove armrest and possibly panel above it you will find the brain. iirc its about a dozen wires and maybe the size of a pack of cigarettes. Simply unplug it, If you ever want to make it work again, simply plug it in:thumbsup:

Mine has been disconnected for a couple years. The people that owned my other car didn't do it this way. They hacked wires. I have no remotes for other car. Therefore no alarm :sadbanana:

One more thing......I am not sure that the factory alarm disables car. Infact I think if you insert the key into the ignition it shuts the alarm off.

Good luck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
when my factory alarm was working it wouldnt disable when i turn the key on for some reason it is suppose to but mine would only stop freaking out if i shut it down with the door lock switches (which didnt at first work and they are a pain to work on believe me) at one point in time i needed to drive the car so when i opened the door i had to pop the hood and disconnect the battery to stop it it probably looked like i was stealing it everytime i left work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts