Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so when i got my motor one of the sensors was broken and i went to my local dealership and asked him to look it up and he said you dont need that at all just get a bolt put some teflon on it and plug it up...... yeah totally shows that i live in montana haha. but i do wanna fix this and i dont know how else to find out what sensor this is.
its the one on the top. oh ya 89 7mgte might help too. thanks all

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
First, If this is on a 7MGTE, You will use NONE of these sensors. Your better off getting a N/A thermostat Housing which only has 2 Hole instead of 3 and plug the holes using the Proper Plug. If you have a Spare bad block then you already have the Plugs that you need.

I have one more here if you are interested in it. You will need to get your Plugs though. These is one in the front and one in the back of a Block, Use a Allen Head Socket to get them out. Put them in, Attach Thermostat neck to Engine and carry on.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Nice pic and labelling 935. Right click/save.

That question deserved that answer, it's very hard to search it, if it's even possible, and decribing it without a pic is probably not going to work very well.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
those unused spots can be used for an aftermarket e-fan set up FYI. thats where i put mine.

·
Registered
906 Posts
those unused spots can be used for an aftermarket e-fan set up FYI. thats where i put mine.
I use the AC fan sensor itself ... correct temp, factory part :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
So that means If I run the Flex-lite fans, All I need is that Plug Shawn. Blue one if Im remembering correctly.
That, and a 4 prong relay ... I have a bosch realy right now, as I couldn't find a toyota unit in my stash that day.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool thanks guys great info. yeah i was thinking about doing an electric fan off of that too but relays are not my friend really haha so prolly just run it off an accessory wire or get help with wiring that up from someone.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
im not one to talk about wiring cause im no pro eaither but if u cant wire up a standard ISO relay then u need to do some homework.

what Shawn is saying is he uses the factory temp sensor (AC) as the sensor to switch on the relay for the fans. it is at factory temp specs and would work as if the factory had installed an e-fan set up.

if u have seen Shawn's work u will notice great attention to detail and the use of alot of factory toyota components in his swaps. i still get goose bumps when i see the swaps that come out of there.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Looks like I need to find me one of those Standard AC Switches then. I have some Electric fans to get wired in.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
I will look around here-I havent used one yet-You can buy one at Pep/Zone/O Reilly/NapaBoys. :sarcasm:

·
Registered
515 Posts
im not one to talk about wiring cause im no pro eaither but if u cant wire up a standard ISO relay then u need to do some homework.

what Shawn is saying is he uses the factory temp sensor (AC) as the sensor to switch on the relay for the fans. it is at factory temp specs and would work as if the factory had installed an e-fan set up.

if u have seen Shawn's work u will notice great attention to detail and the use of alot of factory toyota components in his swaps. i still get goose bumps when i see the swaps that come out of there.
Dude, I finished all my Relay homework my sophomore year in high school...
My point was not that I'm incapable of performing the mod on my own, but would rather have some insight on how to keep it as factory looking as possible. I admire custom mods that seem OEM. Just like your Homemade HID fog mods.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Could you elaborate on this please?
Seems like a sweet free mod!
RT, Yes use that blue switch in 935's picture, and then find an underhood 4 prong relay, from another Supra, or ???. I'd have to go look under the hood again, to remember which it is I prefer. Gold relay, with a lead off of it, and a few inches of wire with the other side of the plug. The rest is - relays 101 :)

I've only ever bothered to install E-fans on 7m's, so if you are running a 5m, not sure what switch to play with, without doing some R+D, which, in my case, probably won't happen.

My use of factory Toyota stuff, came from having acces to 10 acres of Toyota for many years. Spendin 1/3 of my life "18 years" at a Toyota recycling yard, was preety cool for building stuff.

The T100 heat shield for the turbo downpipe, came from Don C, (DON) walking around the yard after work, while building Agatha "supradude117's current car". 7m's come with 3 different water bypass pipes, that run around the block. If you happen to have the one that the heater core hose only exits on the drivers side, I use 2 Truck v-6 heater core hoses, cut down, and a truck coupler that mounts to the firewall. The hoses have the correct loop, and when cut to fit, look stock.

The Cressy BBK, that many use, Don and I had it figured out,years ago. Didn't think it would make as much difference as it actualy does "didn't do the math". Never implemented it. The Cressy 5 lug conversion that has been discussed, figured that out, couldn't find an "easy" way to do rears, so scrapped that idea.

I'm sure there are other things, that just aren't coming to mind, as I'm in a position I have to solve a problem right now. But,whwen an issue on a build shows up, all those years in the yard, help focus the thoughts of - what did I see, that will fit here, and solve my problem.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
BTW you can use all of those sensors in the housing IF you want a correct swap.

- The BVSV will still go to the charcoal canister, on a legal 7m swap
- The A/C switch can still be wired to de-activate the A/C when cold (or a another fan)
- The fan switch can still be wired to an aftermarket front A/C fan, or the stock one

1 - 20 of 21 Posts