Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heh heh. So I was out earning my nickname again. My wife is at the grocery store across the street and she calls me and lets me know that a black mk4 TT supra is broken down in the middle of the street. Like she thinks I might be interested or something :roll: ANYWAYS, I walk over and have a look. The car just died, it turns over but wont fire. The owner seems like a really nice guy and supposedly a tow truck is on the way. I help them push it out of the busy street and into a parking lot. The owner seems to know his stuff and wants to check the codes. So I offer to grab my tools from home. A little while later the tow truck driver shows up and refuses to touch it as its lowered. So he has to wait an hour and half for a flatbed towtruck to come and pay an extra big charge. Well we break out the electrical testor, check the codes and after an hour of fiddling narrow the problem down to some shoddy wiring the previous owner did with the crankshaft position sensor. A bit of wiring later and the thing is running. Saved him a big tow bill and made a new friend. Blew most of my day away but I was planing on working on a black supra that day anyways :D

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Sounds like a day well spent. :)

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Man I bet he really likes you, you did save him a boat load and probably a few scratches on his paint. No matter what those damn tow truck drivers do they always scratch the bumpers...

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bumpers? This tow truck driver wouldn't even try and lift this car cause he was afraid he'd dent the oilpan!

He wants to come to the next local supra meet so I'll be sure to ask for a ride then. Nice car, exactly my dream mk4. Black 6speed TT with targa.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sounds very nice. My dream mk4 would be that exact car, but red. I normally dont like red cars, but it looks sooooo good on the supra! Black is very sweet tho...

·
Registered
517 Posts
You did a good deed, Looks like your earning points in supra heaven. :angel:
Hmmm I wounder if an mkiv guy would have helped an mk2 guy.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You're a good man helping him out like that. :)

Btw, I have helped MkII owners while owning my MkIV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts