Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 84 supra and can' t figure this problem out and thought maybe some of you guys might have a hint.There is a humming from the rear windshield motor but does not operate.The washer motor however does work.I'm goinh to get a schematic and track it down,but is this a faulty motor? Thanks

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
If you pull off the hatch cover, do you see the motor output shaft spinning around?? Am wondering if somehow if it is spinning, it's not connected to the rear wiper linkage?? (the wiper arm is not connected directly to the motor. Like the front's, it's motor, linkage, then the wiper arm.... I think).

·
Registered
796 Posts
or, it could be a stripped gear in the gearbox. Try "helping" it along by grabbing the arm and moving it up while the wiper is on. If you can move it with no resistance, Chris' suggestion is probably what it is, if all of a sudden it takes off outta your hand, you definitely got a stripped gear and it will most likely stop where its stripped.
Good luck!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Stripped box has been my case a few times. Follow the leader on this one.. ;)

Scotty

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
mine did the same thing....the linkage somehow fell off the motor, take the rear hatch cover off and check it out, if the gear is stripped that sucks.....but if the linkage fell off then nothings wrong.....lol hook it back on, thats all i had to do.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the advice found out that the linkage attaching the wiper motor to the arm bracket was'nt at the correct angle..it was at 12 o'clock and should have been at 9...works like a champ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts