Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo
I decided to be good and change the timing belt because it was old and crusty.
Everything went great! Did it in about 3 hrs and ran fantastic after.

I did some pulls and went home and parked it.
Next morning it didnt wanna start.
Checked everything and wasnt getting fuel.
Jumped the fuel test thing by the afm i can hear the fuel pump making some horrible noise but no pressure.
Gonna change the fuel pump this morning hopefully that fixes it.

Any advice for external fuel pump?
Pretty straight forward?

Blahhh.
Never ending story

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Changed the fuel pump with no problems. Quite simple really.
I found rust in the pump and i believe i jammed the fuel filter with debri when I was doing some pulls on it.
I can get the car to barely run and it needs more fuel. Havent changed the filter yet so im hopping this would solve the problem.
If runs well after replacing fuel filter will drop gas tank and clean that shit out!
ahhhh....
story of my life!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I believe that the fuel pickup strainer is still available from Toyota. But the little cone shaped filter in the input line to the pump in NLA. It can be removed and carefully cleaned though. These should take care of your problem.

·
Premium Member
5,932 Posts
YOU have the EASY one to change out. After changing mine 3 times,I got angry and cut out an access hole on the BOOT.

MY CAR,MY RULES!!!!

Reactions: Beernuts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pick up strainer is indeed still available. I bought my car with a screaming fuel pump and the previous owner said he had just replaced it a year ago. It would cut out at higher RPMs after running for about 15 minutes. Dropped the tank and found it full of rust. Spent $225 to have to sandblasted and lined on the inside. Well worth it for peace of mind, the place did a way better job that I would ever have been able to, I'd suggest you go that route.

·
Super Moderator
8,356 Posts
YOU have the EASY one to change out. After changing mine 3 times,I got angry and cut out an access hole on the BOOT.
If you cut a hole in the bottom of the gas tank its even quicker. Recommend doing that with a plasma cutter.

:sneaky:

Reactions: ddd228

·
Premium Member
5,932 Posts
Plasma cutter. Good one.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yeah, right! Plasma cutter!!!! Well only if AJ approves. He'll probably bring a film crew along with some of his "other" everyday equipment.... just in case. You'll have to sign a release (Don't bother reading the fine print, everything will be fine). It'll mention THE event. Don't worry. it'll be fine. The video royalties will support buying more equipment. His equipment. Remember to say, "Watch This". It'll be spectacular.... from far enough away!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Changed the pump and runs like a champ!
Im so lucky that it is external. SO EZ TO DO!
Man this car is really coming back to life! friken love toyotas.
I guess now focus on ignition then hopefully body shop then i can finally put on all my suspension stuff and my beautiful rims!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts