Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
His price is a bit high I would think.. But I have seen near mint condition RA28s go for near 20K.. maybe a bit more if the buyer really wants it.. they are rare and turbo sexy~

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
rust....cracked interior pieces.....leds and sirius radio...

Crazy I think. If it has always been garage kept and such why the rust and fuckered up interior?????

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Bet you the wife told him to sell it, then after a while of it sitting at this price and not getting sold, he can keep it since he tells the wife no one wants to buy his car.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bet you the wife told him to sell it, then after a while of it sitting at this price and not getting sold, he can keep it since he tells the wife no one wants to buy his car.
I have to agree. 32k seems outlandish that can buy 2 maybe 3 Minty mk2's

·
Registered
673 Posts
i love those cars there beautiful. agree with his wife telling him to sell it, in some way. i know a guy who's divorced and had to give his wife half the boat so he asks twice what its worth, and has a boat to use every summer. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Highly delusional asking price if he's not pulling the wife's leg. Seven rust spots? An Indiana car with multiple rust spots on the body likely has some serious horrors lurking beneath in unseen places.

I suspect he meant to price it at $3200. Or he's smokin' a little too much of the Mary Jane.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
but it has 7 thousand mile omg soooo low
i would offer 20k maybe 25k

·
Registered
472 Posts
i do believe that is a repost. saw it a while ago when someone posted a link to it. i do believe the price was the same...

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have seen this one before as well....I stopped reading after cracked dash......way over priced, hopeful seller.

i do believe that is a repost. saw it a while ago when someone posted a link to it. i do believe the price was the same...

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
People asking $32k for a 70's Toyota with only one crappy pix of the car are DUMB!!! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!! Car in storage is NO excuse...PULL the FREAK'n thing out.

Yaaaaaa buddy...suuuuuuuuuuuuure I'll buy your car for $32k even though you're too cheap and lazy to borrow a friends camera and take proper picture. If this is how much thought he puts into the sale I'd hate to see the condition of the car. Asking $3k and being too lazy to pull it out of storage is ok...$32k NOT!!

End of Rant...i just can't stand looking at these mickey mouse for sale ads. I was at Joseph's(white_mk_2) house last week and we spent about an hour looking at MK4's on ebay...each auction had the pictures and write up a 3 year old would do...i'm suprised they didn't draw a pix of the car with crayons and say: "dis is what da'shiznit loOks LikE"

Peace!!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Dang! My overpriced $15k '83 seems like a steal compared to this. Have people really paid $20k + for these celicas? They are cool but...maybe I'm not quite old enough to have the proper appreciation/rememberance.

·
Registered
255 Posts
that guy is nuts and can he backup the 7k mileage with proof that it really has that much and rust? crack dash? and to top it all of with some nice crack leather yumm 32 i think not

i would offer 1000 for that thing or maybe 4 tops if he lucky i have to agree with the other guy who said who know what other kinda stuff you might find hidden cuz of the lovely rust

·
Registered
304 Posts
People asking $32k for a 70's Toyota with only one crappy pix of the car are DUMB!!! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!! Car in storage is NO excuse...PULL the FREAK'n thing out.

Yaaaaaa buddy...suuuuuuuuuuuuure I'll buy your car for $32k even though you're too cheap and lazy to borrow a friends camera and take proper picture. If this is how much thought he puts into the sale I'd hate to see the condition of the car. Asking $3k and being too lazy to pull it out of storage is ok...$32k NOT!!

End of Rant...i just can't stand looking at these mickey mouse for sale ads. I was at Joseph's(white_mk_2) house last week and we spent about an hour looking at MK4's on ebay...each auction had the pictures and write up a 3 year old would do...i'm suprised they didn't draw a pix of the car with crayons and say: "dis is what da'shiznit loOks LikE"

Peace!!
I'm with George on the 'mickey mouse' ads. One of my general rules of thumb is that if you write an ad like a dumbass, you've probably treated the car like a dumbass would. Automatic fail.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
wow, what a douche. I couldn't resist responding to his ad. Especially after how he just hyped it up like it was God of cars.

Here is my email to him: (if I saw him in person I would cock slap him) Sorry in a maniac kinda mood tonight rofl)

"Hi there, I am very interested in your nice Celica for sale.

That is, right after you lower the price by about $30,000.

Seriously, are you crazy? You have a nice, maybe "excellent" condition car (sorry but "near pristine" is an oxymoron) and your car IS NOT in the "pristine" category... And Toyota plastics were not very good back then? WTF? No, it's called, your car has wear and tear-don't blame it on Toyota. It is what it is- USED, CRACKED and WORN like most 30+ year cars would be. 7k miles or not, proper/serious care of the car would not have led to cracks and worn out seats...and if your asking an arm and a leg your ass should replace all of that.

And 7 rust spots? Cmon. First you ask $30k+ for a 76 Celica that is far from mint with rust and a cracked dash. Then you don't even take the time to post up some decent pictures. But who knows, maybe the moron who would spend $30k on the car would also be perfectly happy with just "getting the idea" of what the car looks like from your one picture before coming out to look at it or buy it.

Sorry, but you FAIL.

***Ok, end of my little rant.

Best of luck on the sale my friend. Guess I can't blame you for trying. Glad you are taking the whole "not in a rush to sell it" attitude, cuz you sure as hell AREN'T.

Tell you what. Get HALF of what you are asking for that car and I'll send you the other $16k.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts