Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car looks like its a good example of the mk2, but I'm not sure about $12,000.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The post is not up to par for a 12k car. It's hard to determine overall conditon based kn the pictures. The description lacks any details about the car. The fact it says minimal rust is a red flag. For the asking price there should be ZERO rust. I know that's a lot to expect for our cars but you have to price accordingly. The seller needs to seriously revamp his post if he wants that kind of money. Just my two cents.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,268 Posts
GR Supra? :rolleyes: Is this the new V6 for Supra ads?

·
Founding Member
6,341 Posts
For the asking price there should be ZERO rust.
Indeed. Once you are over about $5,000 - $6,000, you shouldn't be finding rust anymore. Just be patient. Somebody in Texas, California or Arizona will eventually post a $12,000 rust-free Supra for sale and it will cost less to ship it back to Virginia than to repair and repaint even a dime-sized spot on a lower quarter panel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I may have found that 1 owner, garaged, rust free car with the window sticker. I will post pictures later. Thanks for all the encouragement.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Indeed. Once you are over about $5,000 - $6,000, you shouldn't be finding rust anymore. Just be patient. Somebody in Texas, California or Arizona will eventually post a $12,000 rust-free Supra for sale and it will cost less to ship it back to Virginia than to repair and repaint even a dime-sized spot on a lower quarter panel.
Yes, and it may be sooner than later that a $12000 Texas Supra is available...:unsure:

·
Founding Member
6,341 Posts
Yes, and it may be sooner than later that a $12000 Texas Supra is available...:unsure:
Uh-oh! I bet we've got at least a few people on our little forum who work for an airline, a hotel or a restaurant. I was just talking to a friend of mine who works at American Airlines HQ and he had decided to take their offer of a buyout package instead of taking the chance of being let go in the Fall with nothing. But he's about our age so he'll need to find something else. And my brother in-law who runs a warehouse for American has already filed bankruptcy and shut it down which has put a bunch of our family out of work. Travel and Leisure was 10% of the world economy, reduced practically overnight to maybe 2-3%. I hope you are one of the lucky ones who gets to stay on.

But keep in mind, we've had a couple of original, low-mile, "near mint" mk2s sell for over $30K in the past year. We haven't seen many "fully restored" mk2s for sale, at least not enough to gauge, but I'd think yours in the pre-COVID economy should have been in the mid-20s by comparison at least. Surely we're not going to see a 50% decline in classic car values during this recession. They're keeping the stock market artificially propped up despite the damage to the economy. Since the wealthy aren't going to be hurt too bad and retirees aren't going to to be completely wiped out, maybe we'll only see a 25 - 30% decline in classic car values like the last recession. And hopefully it won't last too long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts