Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stay at home and do NOT goof off outside.

Food and necessary trips are allowed. Medical reasons and first respondents are required. Cops and medical people are required. Stay at home and "hunker down",People. This is serious. I'm hiding in my shed.
We will get through this mess. Money? We will get some to help the small businesses that will be affected. That will be the first line of financial recovery. Those people will be the first in line to get financial assistance. Without them,you will not be happy.
Stay alert to the new developments and stay tuned to the news,if you choose to.
Most states have issued stay at home REQUIREMENTS, as other countries.

Need some scary movie? Try this one:

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
We don't have stay at home "requirements" yet but word is it may be coming to that. Our ritzy ass Blaine county (Sun Valley) has the highest per capita infection rate outside NYC, probably because it's like Hollywood in the mountains.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just finished my first week working from home. I was expecting to be distracted and wander off to go work on cars, house, garden, or whatever. I ended up getting more done than a normal week at the office, though the sidewalk did happen to get pressure-washed at some point, haha. Beyond that, meal planning has changed a good bit while trying to minimize grocery store runs. Plenty of food here, but trying to use only existing ingredients instead of a quick run to the grocery store takes getting used to.

Cars are getting a Battery Tender shared amongst the three of them. Supra battery is 11+ years old while my FJ's battery is 7 years old now as well. Both are doing fine, but I know they're living on borrowed time, so I'm keeping them topped off.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Crazy times we are in... I am hoping we get a "lull" this summer for car season and can go to some shows/meets. Unfortunately if this is a seasonal thing, it might flare back up this fall/winter... and be social distancing yet again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Zinc supplements are proving to be helpful. Even the malaria drugs work by facilitating zinc's entry into cells where it prevents the virus from replicating.

·
Registered
916 Posts
You can't be too careful!

·
Premium Member
7,781 Posts
Juka, Do you have a link to the below supplements?? I'm in public safety and this is boots on the ground stuff...very interested!! DM me or send to [email protected]

Zinc supplements are proving to be helpful. Even the malaria drugs work by facilitating zinc's entry into cells where it prevents the virus from replicating.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just bought my supplements from Amazon - there's all kinds available and likely at a better price than the local health food stores. For now I've been taking one half of a 50 mg. tablet daily as a preventative measure and will take a zinc lozenge before going into stores. Some people will advise for sore throat, which can be the first symptom for the corona virus infection, to take the zinc lozenge while lying on your back so that the zinc remains in contact with the inflamed throat tissues for a longer time.

There's lots of information regarding zinc and it's effects on the immune system and also how it acts as an anti-viral. There was a recent video but I can't find it now but this article contains some good information: Zn2+ Inhibits Coronavirus and Arterivirus RNA Polymerase Activity In Vitro and Zinc Ionophores Block the Replication of These Viruses in Cell Culture

If you're going to buy supplements to improve your immune system then don't forget the Vitamins C & D.

Reactions: AJ

·
Premium Member
7,781 Posts
Juka, Thank you the info!! I appreciate it very much!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
no problem AJ - hope it helps
here's the video I was trying to find earlier:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Greg, I like the quinine suggestion and thought I'd do some reading and you are correct that it does work as an ionophore just like choroquine to help transport zinc into the cells. The quinine in modern tonic water is pretty low though and it seems that cinchona powder or bark would be a better source. Also from reading: Plasma levels of zinc are highest 2-4 hours after dosing as zinc is absorbed in the jejunum.This is prime time to dose your ionophore.

"CelicaSupra forums keeping Supras AND their owners on the road"

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I think Shweppes has like 83ppm (far lower than anti-malarial drugs), but still might suffice as an ionophore for zinc.

I found Fever-Tree quinine to be strongest and from a natural source. Stir in crushed 50mg zinc tabs makes a fizzy tonic.

Another home remedy to boost your immune system - boil Coca-cola & ginger, add a dropper of colloidal silver & CBD.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
My go-to for supplemental goodies. Read up on each chelated variety of zinc to see what's best for you. I get magnesium, EAAs, all sorts of gym rat type stuff from them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good luck, wash hands, keep a distance, wear masks and stay home as much as possible.
Norway has turned the statistcs, and we're supposed to allow kids back in kindergarten and 1-4th class. I don't know if that is wise.. I also get more done at home office, but am very strict on getting dressed and keeping the timing with rests and lunch.
Stay safe!!

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A recent study of infected patients revealed the death/survivor rates were connected with the amount of vitamin D in your blood.Low? You are more likely to die from your immune responses than a person with a high amount of vitamin D in their blood. GO GET A SUN TAN.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts