Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My car sat for 2 years before I got it, and boy, did that do damage. Killed the original fuel pump @ 188,000 miles, clogged the Walbro pump/filter at 197,000 miles, clogged the Aristo pump/filter filter @ 207,000 miles.

My car crapped out last Sunday, finally was able to pull the gas tank down yesterday.

The gas on the LEFT is what came out of the tank, the very top 3/4 gallons. The gas on the RIGHT is what came out after dropping two bags of glass marbles in the tank and shaking it.

Car feels so. much. better now!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
wooooooow I'm surprised it didn't give you more problems than that before now :ugh:

fuel stabilizer Tanya!! fuel stabilizer!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
that slime looks nasty! i guess now that i have to jerk my engine. it would be a good time to drop my tank. i was told it sat in a pasture for a few years. thanks for the heads up.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wooooooow I'm surprised it didn't give you more problems than that before now :ugh:

fuel stabilizer Tanya!! fuel stabilizer!!!!!!!!

wow dude, you are NOT very smart at all. This is not what *I* did, this is because of prior owners leavbing the car to rot like I had ALREADY stated. No amount of fuel stabilizer is going to make rust disappear :duh:

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too bad we couldn't have lit you on fire with it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Reading this thread was the best start to a morning I have ever had.. I have never heard of glass marbles to clean a gas tank, they seem to have worked very well indeed! Thanks for the idea, lol.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too bad we couldn't use it to run an anti-public-forum-domestic-spat motor...

--billyM

Are you referring to Aaron and I? :laugh:

Everyone knows we have been throwing shots at each other forever, especially while we were together. No hard feelings here.

I am just a little cranky about Jaimie's post but apologize, have been getting a lot of crap from people lately over the dumbest things.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
wow dude, you are NOT very smart at all. This is not what *I* did, this is because of prior owners leavbing the car to rot like I had ALREADY stated. No amount of fuel stabilizer is going to make rust disappear :duh:
I dont leave my car to rot in a field though, and I cleaned out my tank when I repaired my fuel lines. Why did you wait if you knew there was crap at the bottom?

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont leave my car to rot in a field though, and I cleaned out my tank when I repaired my fuel lines. Why did you wait if you knew there was crap at the bottom?

Numerous reasons that are none of your business. I tried to apologize to you for snapping, and here you are questioning me, so forget it.

I'll have this thread locked before I further contribute to everyone's amusement. Was just trying to be helpful by posting this but whatever.

·
Registered
365 Posts
+1
...hope to continue to see similar postings of issues and solutions by as many as possible, 'cause many benefit from these types of postings.

·
Registered
365 Posts
+1
...hope to continue to see similar postings of issues and solutions by as many as possible, 'cause many of us in this small community can benefit from these types of postings.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts