Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
lumbar...

wow that actually helps.. i never knew that i was totally missing the pump on mine because i had never seen one other than the one in my car. haha. ill have to look into that.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Looks like it's in great shape. You could add the heater to it. I've seen the kits.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
the kits are pretty cheap, ive seen them for about 40 bucks canadian.
hmmm, i should really get a pump for my lumbar, im sure it feels nicer than having no lumbar at all.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Removal

Removal of the bladder isn't difficult...its just tricky to get back there to get it out.There are 6 clip rings(you can see the holes in the picture) keeping the bladder attached to the inner portion of the seat. Now If it will be comfortable or not I have no idea.
P.S removing the seat and flipping it upside down to remove the bladder is very helpful.

Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anyone else notice how LOW it sits? I feel like it should be a few inches higher, it's basically pushing my sacrum more than my lumbar vertebre. Is it possible these things can sag/drift down? I took a look at it before (read:glance) and it was all hooked up and hidden, but never seeing now others were held up I dunno what's the norm..

I deflate the bottom two and just use the top one (six foot tall)

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Everyones a little different I guess. Personally I find the passenger seats hurt my back as they're the same backing and foam as the drivers side, but without the lumbar chambers. You could probably take your seat apart and relocated it up a little higher if your ambitious. I belive theres some holes to locate it where it is, but you could make new ones I guess

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
could you put a set of lumbar chambers into the passengers seat?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Probably doable....

You then have to figure out where to put the "release buttons" pad.. And where to install the pump-up bulb. Won't fit on the left side (because of the way the metal is bent), and it won't work on the right side (nowhere to mount it on the plastic trim panel & if you can ghetto rig it there, then you eventually be breaking off the squeeze bulb from getting in & out). Many things to think about.

"Ideally" the best thing that would work, is to get a drivers side seat from a RHD MKII. Problem is that shipping a seat from either AUS or Europe is $$$$$$$$.

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
My buddy got his 85 SDR P-type from MLutz, a former? member of this forum, the passengers seat in this car is actually another drivers seat modified~ release pads in same place, air pump up bulb installed under the seat and actually the "actual" drivers seat was modified to have the air bulb underneath so I guess they didn't look different, I dunno

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
its easy to put the lumbar on the passenger seat, the only tricky part is fastening the pump bracket to the side of the seat. I belive theres even a threaded hole for it

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
way to dig up and old thread... only to answer a question with the same answer that someone else gave almost 2 years ago... sheesh...

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
ct20b drifter said:
replace the passenger seat with a JDM driver's seat, so simpo!
Simple my ass......

Ever checked out shipping quotes for a RHD drivers seat???? And your choices are limited to either AUS, Japan or the UK..... Others have looked into this already.... Shipping will cost more than the seat itself.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
CJSREDPRA said:
Simple my ass......

Ever checked out shipping quotes for a RHD drivers seat???? And your choices are limited to either AUS, Japan or the UK..... Others have looked into this already.... Shipping will cost more than the seat itself.
yup, best to find one these out there that is complete and ship it as a parts car, more fun parts!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts