1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I love those cars... neat.

·
Registered
622 Posts
wheels could be changed and paint the engine bay black so matching the blue isn't a pain, just wish it was 240 for that kind of money. Nice ride though better than a 280 imo.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Doesn't look like that hood scoop is doing much...

I'm sure it's a fun ride though!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Cheapass wheels and horrible two-tone paint kill that one.

...neat though

--billyM
I could live with the wheels, but the yellow :eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I like it, but not at that price. Plus these cars are usually made of rust - ha

·
Registered
92 Posts
i've seen the car in person. it had no interior in the rear, no panels/carpets/vinyl. it didnt have those wheels and didnt run when i saw it about 6 months ago. but that price is way way way too much for the car.

btw, you'd want to cage that car. the 280 is more rigid than the earlier models and can handle some power.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
very nice blue and the rims could be lived with.. but yes the yellow is grose its like the cookie mosnter ate big bird lol. would be fun to drive though. and a def head turner.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
beautiful car. i can get over the yellow and the wheels. he needs to fix that front grill though. i think it priced about right. clean versions of these cars go for money, plus a saw a clean v8 240 go for about 12k more then thats listed at.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
At around 500HP and with that weight, that car would devour almost anything you'd come across on the road...

17k is pushing it IMO... maybe with super clean paint, nice interior and some premium wheels to match. Looks very clean though you have to admit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
beautiful car. i can get over the yellow and the wheels. he needs to fix that front grill though. i think it priced about right. clean versions of these cars go for money, plus a saw a clean v8 240 go for about 12k more then thats listed at.

the only way a v8 z is worth money is if its a scarab, a TRUE scarab. i've been around z's all my life. my dad was a master mechanic and specialized in the z cars. they do not go for money unless they are original. even restored they dont bring much.
would you pay 17,000 for the engine and a stripped car? which btw if no one caught it he does have cheap ebay "projector" headlights.......i know because i had the same on the camaro. it was just nice to get away from the sealed beams.
dont get me wrong, i LOVE s30's. but that car better come with about 10,000 dollars worth of gold bars riding in the hatch.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
that yellow shows the motor which I like. Love these cars. Thats A toy Id like to own for A month and if it doesnt kill me during that time then sell it and move on. Those cars are getting very expensive. It would for that money need to be very right. Roll cage I agree

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
the only way a v8 z is worth money is if its a scarab, a TRUE scarab. i've been around z's all my life. my dad was a master mechanic and specialized in the z cars. they do not go for money unless they are original. even restored they dont bring much.
would you pay 17,000 for the engine and a stripped car? which btw if no one caught it he does have cheap ebay "projector" headlights.......i know because i had the same on the camaro. it was just nice to get away from the sealed beams.
dont get me wrong, i LOVE s30's. but that car better come with about 10,000 dollars worth of gold bars riding in the hatch.

yea, im pretty sure that car sold for $28k. bottom line, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it....regardless of what YOU feel its worth. anyone in the market for a clean z with a sick motor swap who knows what a clean shell, 2jz, and labor cost, will probably feel that 17k isnt too far fetched and probably wont have a problem paying for it since they will spend that much building it themselves.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yea I see it this way, if I was in the market to buy a sportscar I could go out and blow $35k+ on a vette and just be another vette on the road that no one would give 2 shits about or something like the 2 cars shown above for 10k+ less and blow the doors off of just about anything on the road and get 100x more attention and comments.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i agree...i think a car llike this is worth how much you willing to spend.
guys at my job were saying "you spend how much on that 85 toyota?" (my 85 SDR)
if someone really wants that 240z, they probably roll out that 17Gs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts