Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing the coted Thorley header. I had to grind the PS pump bracket to make it clear.

The exhaust is alot different now. Before it was much deeper and mellower. Now it is much more high ptched and doesn't droan as much. More like an Indy car. Open it up and it really roars. :D It pulls much harder from 3K on and feels like it isn't running out of steam in the upper RPMs. The stock exhaust manifold was deffinately a big restriction. I don't know other's results, but with the Rabid Chimp intake, K&N, Thorley, 2.25" cat and 2.5" Brullen exhaust the car has never been better. Not to mention the 6M with 210cc injectors.

It gets kind of loud all opened up but sounds good. 8) I need to take it to the Dyno and then compare it to when the MAF gets installed and tuned. I think that will also open up another restriction. I can't wait! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Josh,

Long time no talk! Glad to hear you got the "Thug Dorleys" as I call them hehe. I bet you'll definitely beat my 1/4 mile time now. Let me know what numbers you get on the dyno. I have yet to put my Black Cat to the test. Take cares!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meritt,
I still need to get back to the track but I'm not a big fan of carlsbad. Maybee somewhere else. I need to talk to Jason and see if he has found a better dyno also.

Perhaps we can get together at some SD meet or some other So Cal meet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yea Carlsbad sucks but it gives you an idea of what you're running. I wish I could've gone there one more time after my rebuild and see what kind of a difference it made. I recently had to put in a new used engine and scrap the rebuild :cry: . Man did I love the extra power I had before. The current engine I have now is said to have only 40,000 miles and it feels solid so far.

We'll definitely have to get together one of these days. Good luck with your car!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Definitely post your times/dyno numbers as you get them!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I haven't hooked up with a different dyno yet, but I'm scouting. I think I'm gonna try one in Escondido, but I have at least one more run to make at Saturn after I finish the header & exhaust so I can compare #'s with same mods.

I'm putting the header on this weekend and removing the old exhaust, but the rest will have to wait for another paycheck because I blew $250 putting a sub & amp in "the bubble". :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts