Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing the coted Thorley header. I had to grind the PS pump bracket to make it clear.

The exhaust is alot different now. Before it was much deeper and mellower. Now it is much more high ptched and doesn't droan as much. More like an Indy car. Open it up and it really roars. :D It pulls much harder from 3K on and feels like it isn't running out of steam in the upper RPMs. The stock exhaust manifold was deffinately a big restriction. I don't know other's results, but with the Rabid Chimp intake, K&N, Thorley, 2.25" cat and 2.5" Brullen exhaust the car has never been better. Not to mention the 6M with 210cc injectors.

It gets kind of loud all opened up but sounds good. 8) I need to take it to the Dyno and then compare it to when the MAF gets installed and tuned. I think that will also open up another restriction. I can't wait! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meritt,
I still need to get back to the track but I'm not a big fan of carlsbad. Maybee somewhere else. I need to talk to Jason and see if he has found a better dyno also.

Perhaps we can get together at some SD meet or some other So Cal meet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts