Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The throttle cable on my supra snapped today and i was wondering what i can do? Can u buy just the cable and not the rubber tubing thats around the cable. And also if i did buy just the cable how the hell am i gonna fix it...probably not that hard but Ive never had a throttle cable snap before so i dunno whats involved. I just want some more knowledge before i tackle this

It snapped at the exposed part about 3 inches from where it connects to the throttle on the engine

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
No, its all one piece. You're best bet is probably used or new Toyota (try Jeff Watson 1-800-327-2087). Not even sure if they are still available.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If you end up going for a junkyard cable, make sure the ends aren't frayed at all, and make sure it slides easily, even after a little lubrication. When my cable went I had to sort through a couple to find a good one.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
they are still available last time i checked.....the cable comes as one piece....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What other cars throttle cables can be compatable with the supra, just in case there are none at the wreckers

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
bracham said:
If you end up going for a junkyard cable, make sure the ends aren't frayed at all, and make sure it slides easily, even after a little lubrication. When my cable went I had to sort through a couple to find a good one.
Lube the throttle cable..........never thought of that one!
Excellent idea........I'm going outside to do that right now!!!!!!
What helps can never hurt!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seriously i cant find one anywhere tried toyota the wreckers everything, is there any other engine that uses the same length cable??

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Toyota Cressidas, 1982-1988. The older engines have a longer cable I believe, but it will still work. Ive used an 83 cable on my 85 car, which I'm still using now.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
their only like 35 bucks from the dealer if i remember right, i replaced mine due to a lot of slack...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to buy a steel wire and I have change only the cable inside the rubber tubing and work very well now.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Check cross over on the part #s on Toyodiy.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts