Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnBYcvxRqWE
Hello all. Im new to the forum. I just replaced the exhaust myself on my 84.
Check out the video and tell me what you think.
Thrush Welded Dual Chamber Flowmaster Knockoff.
Turn Down towards the ground right after the muffler right between the front seat and the rear seat so the cab grumbles pretty good. No Cat. Video does it no justice to how much it rumbles like a larger engine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I liked the video. The look underneath at the end was very dark, so when you do the daytime video it will show the outlet better. Basically, you welded the muffler in where the cat should be right. I wonder how that will work at speed?? What will happen at stop lights? I am curious to see what type of pattern will the exhaust exit the area under the car? Good Work. Looking forward to more updates.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cut the old pipe off the back of the cat. Then ground it down with a grinder, then took the tubes and welded them to the flat surface with teh two bolt holes in it that used to bolt to the back of the cat, then bolted that to the pipe that the cat used to bolt onto.
Its welded together, but I bolted it in, and used the bolts in the heat shield to anchor a strip of metal with holes in it around the exhaust to keep up up, even though it has no problem keeping itself up, i didnt want the strain on it, and its just good sense to bolt it down. The exhaust is pointed towards the ground. I havnt noticed one spot where I have hit anything. It clears high arching driveways and speed bumps fine....

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as far as at stoplights, or fumes from the bottom of the car, there arnt too many being as its pointed down, but as with all dumped exhausts.. your gonna get SOME... but when its sitting and idling.. it doesnt come up around the doors.. it actually comes out right front of the drivers side wheel almost like it was right there..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts