Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I finally got a ticket for an “Amplified Exhaust To Increase Noise” and now I have to get my car inspected. I have: intake, headers and Exhaust. Rabid Chimp intake, Thourley headers, 2.5’’ exhaust including catco cat and ricer can.

I was told to pass that I would need to prove that all the mods are legal. I have Thourley header sticker. Summit.com said that the catco cat was cali legal. Now the rest of the stuff I am not sure. Would the 2.5’’ piping and muff be legal? I think that my car will be smoged, luckly the engine has 6 months since overhaul and passed with flying colors the smog dud was very impressed with the numbers.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I don't know Cali laws at all,but I'll throw out my .02. The Rabid Chimp intake may have to be swapped out for inspection as it does not have a C.A.R.B certificate.That will get you past the underhood insepction.As far as you "rice can",a muffler is a muffler,as ong as it passes the noise ordinance.Should be a db # at a specific distance.
Used to deal with the db# when I raced in the Demo-Derby-had to be 92db or less at I believe 50ft.My Chev engines passed no problem "block hugger headers-upside down-with stacks thru the hood 8) ".My Mopars had a bit more trouble,custom built from ex.flanges out,8 seperate stacks thru the hood :shock: - Fucking LOUD,went from 1 7/8" stacks to 2" stacks,and barely passed (91db)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts