Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang, with almost 1,500 members now, I think we are due for a FAQ overhaul. Myself and the admins will put it together and make it all work...however we need CONTENT to make this happen.

We have an FAQ section here on the forum which is great, however I want to make a formal FAQ overhaul in the next month or so.

We (obviously) will need volunteers to make this happen, but we need to figure out a way to organize the efforts of all the volunteers.

Here is the old FAQ:
http://www.celicasupra.com/faq.htm

If anyone would like to help us with content (we will format it for the web) please post here. Please look at the FAQ, and tell us what you would like to add. Ill start off the efforts:

Section: Wheels/Tires
Owner: Mike Malloy
I will update the page to include ALL known wheel fitments for the mk2.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Adding

Section: Typical wear items
Owner: Celica GTS

Malloy did you want us to add visuals?[/b]

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Suggestions:

Per Jason's most excellent picture tells all, the suspension FAQ.
-Side pics of stock, Eibach's, Suspension Techniques, others.
-Rear pics of squat issue with lowered rear springs
-Why RCAs should be used (I might be able to gather some pics)

Improved Big Brake kit pics. It's due. No complete pics of the rear setup.
(me)

Steering wheel/shift knob recover. I can get some pics. Maybe
someone wants to fire up another group buy.

The addco's, suspension, maybe some others I did could use some
html updates to an easier format.

Maroon restoration techniques. I can get some pics of the custom
matching color I had made for vinyl and cloth. Just have to find the part #.

The Parts Boy FAQ. :wink:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
i can do up a suspension section, but since my car is in about a thousand pieces, i'll need pics of ride height from other members - i can cover the rear camber issue and RCA information, as well as what is avaliable - pics would be helpful

i can also do up some stuff on suspension setup, like setting camber/caster, toe in, correcting bump steer, centering the steering, etc.

the other thing i can get on is the prev maint/rust section, but i would rather separate it out into a maintenance section, and a restoration section

then i could do the restoration section properly, by documenting how i am fixing all my rust problems - if someone needs to know how to fix worse rust than i have, they probably have a car that is almost impossible to fix

let me know

}fixed -admin{

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have a couple shots of my car with rear Dobinson lowering springs showing 3* of negitive camber.

I have Dobinson's stock height spring on now, but no pics of that. Can get some though. Pics in below link are coiovers in front and Dobinson lowering springs in the rear. Any other pics I have are available just ask if I have one.

So many pics not online: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288047711

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
ii think a section on how to do basic maitneance and change parts would be cool. clutch, fluids, belts, alternator, steering rack, all of it in an easy to find place, you could even have things like how to remove egr and charcoal canisters for the people who don't have smog nazis. i would offer to do it but my mom already doesn't like the amount of time i'm on the comp so...

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
thats sort of the other part of the restoration section - like i said we should split it up, and i can cover the resto stuff

reg reimer's SONIC page, along with a little bit of research and a look at the TSRM, would make the maintenance section a snap

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Great ideas!

Supra_devil: I like the basic maintence idea.

Here are my suggestions:
1. Original Colors (with color codes)
2. Engine History

5ME
5MGE
6MGE
7MGE
7MGTE
2JZGE
2JZGTE

·
Registered
733 Posts
How about the P-type or L-type question that comes up all the time?

How to R+R a starter and fix a solenoid?

Engine codes?

BPU mods for the 5MGE.

·
Registered
791 Posts
you think we could get permission to either link to cygnus' tsrm, or possibly get a copy of it for our website? We can then add links to some of the tsrm pages for maintenance stuff, torque specs, etc. This could be a lot of work though...
I'd also like to see more pics as it's just easier to explain things, but with pics comes the necessity for added bandwith and storage space. Are we able to handle that financially? Personally, I think its time to think about dues for us cs.com "residents"! On that note, to possibly make it easier for those to give, we can send out decals or a shirt or something for becoming a dues-paying member. Obviously, a shirt will cost money, but if we say $25.00 per year, and you get a t-shirt or a cap w/the cs.com logo on it, you would still make almost $18.00 per member.Oh yeah, and add something to the paying members avitar to show they are paying members.
It will still be handled as a non-profit club, meaning you don't have to report any income from dues.
Finally, as you folks know, I'm always here to help with the artwork and photo retouching stuff! All'z ya gotta do is ask!!!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Flyin' Hawaiian said:
you think we could get permission to either link to cygnus' tsrm, or possibly get a copy of it for our website? We can then add links to some of the tsrm pages for maintenance stuff, torque specs, etc. This could be a lot of work though...
I'd also like to see more pics as it's just easier to explain things, but with pics comes the necessity for added bandwith and storage space. Are we able to handle that financially? Personally, I think its time to think about dues for us cs.com "residents"! On that note, to possibly make it easier for those to give, we can send out decals or a shirt or something for becoming a dues-paying member. Obviously, a shirt will cost money, but if we say $25.00 per year, and you get a t-shirt or a cap w/the cs.com logo on it, you would still make almost $18.00 per member.Oh yeah, and add something to the paying members avitar to show they are paying members.
It will still be handled as a non-profit club, meaning you don't have to report any income from dues.
Finally, as you folks know, I'm always here to help with the artwork and photo retouching stuff! All'z ya gotta do is ask!!!
Chris,

I think you've got some great ideas there. In the past we've had people contribute various amouts, depending on what they were able to do at the time. As it stands, I believe it costs around $480 to $500 per year for hosting on the stand alone account. The hosting company has been gracious enough to keep upping our bandwidth at no addl. cost - I don't think they really have a plan in place to handle the amount of bandwidth this site uses, to be honest.

If you look at some of the member's 'ranks' you'll notice it says "contributing member" - I agree that the next go-round for contributions from the group, something more significant should be done. A custom avatar of some sort or something that goes along with their "contributor" rank.

Speaking of which, have you read this thread?: http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=62486

I think Zank is on to something pretty cool here, but I don't do artwork that's used for printing purposes. Any chance you might be able to do something similar to what Zank is proposing? Something nice looking, that's business card sized...and we could put a copy of it on the web for members to download.

And Zank, not to step on your toes, but the artwork you're using won't look good when printed - web stuff never does. I could go into the reasons why, but you'll just have to trust me on that.

Steve

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I'd help where ever I can. Maybe sound system Q/A? Altenator swaps... and other such stuff...

will

·
Registered
9,445 Posts

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, current status:
http://www.celicasupra.com/faqrespons.htm

1. Who wants to do the engine history? There is a TON of good info we can leverage from those 2 links (after getting approval of course)

2. Interior bits. Jim?

3. Wiring. Spud?

4. Engine mods. Jason?

5. Basic maintenence. ???

6. Colors/VIN etc. etc. Chris Eng??

7. PType vs. LType? ???

8. ???

1 - 20 of 51 Posts