Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - never posted before but thought I'd try you guys for some help. Got an 85 P Type with a 5MGE; we need a timing gear, ours went away about ten days ago and we are at a loss as to locating one. Toyota tells me it's an obsolete part so we are looking at wrecking yards (not too many of them lying around!) and nothing yet. Can anyone out there provide me with a source for one of these gears? Thanks for listening.

Tim in Casa Grande

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Tim, assuming yr in AZ?? Correct??

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Here's a '85 in Phoenix @ Pic N Pull Call 1st this car was post on 7/19

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Just to be sure, you are talking about the one on the crankshaft ?
Also, take a look at the shaft itself and the key. Both could be dammage too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi - never posted before but thought I'd try you guys for some help. Got an 85 P Type with a 5MGE; we need a timing gear, ours went away about ten days ago and we are at a loss as to locating one. Toyota tells me it's an obsolete part so we are looking at wrecking yards (not too many of them lying around!) and nothing yet. Can anyone out there provide me with a source for one of these gears? Thanks for listening.

Tim in Casa Grande
Got an 85 supra same engine. the same issue. My car mechanical wise olmost done sadly the only thing that is holding me back is the timing lower gear. That part finished its life cycle and it's haven't been successful getting one. So my advice to you as i did. If you got the wear out part , take it to a machine shop, they will either make you a new part or see if a later supra as 86 7mge engine looks familiar . I tooked the chance and bought it everything looks the same excep the inside of the gear. I have a machinist cnc boredown the hole to the original part

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I pulled these off of a non-running 1984 5MGE last month. They are available if anyone needs them. Other engine parts also available but I have no idea why it was not running (I only used the chassis).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your post. My name is Mel. And I'm interested you can reach me at 347)8491414 thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts