Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 82 p-type:

when iw as adjusting the timming for the 100ths time already (damn belts keep slipping) and i striped the crank both thread. :mad: i dont know if i hurt the crank threand, but now it just turns, wont tighten or lossen. how the hell do i get it out?

i was thinking bout droping a V8 in mine, but would rather have my inline 6 working.

its a 5m-ge with 300,000 K

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
How in the heck did you strip the crank bolt? If the threads in the crank are okay??, just get a new crank bolt from Toyota and be sure to torque it to spec.. You might want to check the keyway on the crank, crank pulley, and timing belt drive sprocket if the bolt has been loose with the engine running.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Uhh, please enlighten me on how you adjust your timing by the loosening/tightening of your crank bolt? Either you meant you stripped the distributor bolt, or you're talking about two separate things!
As for getting that bolt out, if it won't come out, it's just turning but not backing out, you've got some serious problems and personally, I'd pay the $$$ to have someone do it right...

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
wouldnt it just be easier to get another 5M or 6M :wink:

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
If the crank bolt is stripped, then either it's been loose for a long time or someone applied an awful lot of torque to it! The threads in the crank snout are probably torn up as well. Get a couple of estimates from different shops and see what they say. It might be cheaper to look into replacing the crankshaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts