Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get home from work today and get out of my car and the damn thing is leaking oil like it was shot with a Desert Eagle.

I let it idle and see oil flowing from under the idler pully. I take the idler pully off and the pin that is pressed into the timming case that the idler sits on falls out (luckily not into the lower timming cover).

This is a first for me. anyone else see this before?

I think I am going to have to remove the lower cover to get it back in as I will probably heat the timming case and freeze the pin as well as use some red locktite.

Anyone got a better way to put this in? Maybe I should break out the JB Weld rather than using locktite.

Now all my belts are soaked with oil so they will have to be replaced.

If it isnt one thing it is another.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Are you talking about the pin that the tensioner spring attaches to? Are you sure that there's an oil passage behind that pin? Hmmm.....yes, the pin coming loose and falling out has happened before to someone on this forum, but I won't name any names for the sake of privacy. Hopefully that person will reply to this post and help you out. Maybe a machinist could knurl the pin and make it a tighter press fit in the case. Just a thought anyway. :)

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Oh, okay! I gotcha! The pin for the tensioner pulley pivot arm. Yeah, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that's what let loose on one of the members' cars. A real PITB!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts