Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have the supra running well enough so it doesn't smoke as bad as it did when i first got it. It needs the muffler reattached but the rest of the piping has pretty bad rust, not through but bad enough. Im looking for the cheapest system build able (college student getting harassed by local cops) stock or not. the surprising thing is the car runs pretty good smokes a little but i put some restore in to the oil when i changed it today x2 in 2 weeks to flush the system new filter first time.

thanks

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
you can do what I did with my cressida before I sold it. I mad ghettoed it but it worked and it was sweet.

I use a length of 12' frost fence pole, galvanized 1 7/8" diameter. I cut angles in the pieces and welded them together and hooked it up with a chepo jobber muffler. It worked really well. Cant go cheaper than this while remaining effective.

Cat is "fake" too, it was clogged, so my and my friend bashed it out and tacked the casing on over the pipe, so if any local law enforcement decided to have a look they would see we were running our cat :rolleyes:

and the paint didnt even burn off :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
OMG! Ghetto is right!

Nicely done!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I just redid mine (I suppose I could post up some pictures...). Rockauto.com has the intermidate pipe (walker) and a stock dual outlet muffler. I had already put on the new magnaflow cat. Some minor bendng of the rear hanger and changing out one of the hangers was all that was needed (but the hangers welded onto the pipe would have worked fine I think)..

WALKER Part # 46648 {Intermediate Pipe} $33.79

A recent email from them with a discount code....

Thank you for being a www.RockAuto.com customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

Will

·
Registered
538 Posts
OMG that is hilarious, I always said us MkII's Supra owners are resourceful but that is just rich. LOL

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
OMG that is hilarious, I always said us MkII's Supra owners are resourceful but that is just rich. LOL
that was on the cressy though, only real parts go on the supra lol

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
I added a resonator and deleted the cat on my car. I didnt bother changing the pipe because its all going to get trashed when engine swap time comes.

as for tips, I was running this, its shiny and makes the police go nuts. So thats why its painted flat in the above pic, if they cant see it, its not illegal.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
damn i came late, i also have the complete pipe with a NEW MUFFLER..jejeje

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts