Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I just got new tires and wondered how I could keep them longer without getting dry rot before the tread wears out. I found this product called Renew Pro Blak and it is a once a year application that makes your tires shine and creates a barrier to protect them from the elements. See pic below and research the product on YouTube. I’m hoping it works so my tires last longer than 10 years

·
Registered
112 Posts
To be frank, chemically you could just spary them down with silicone spray from time to time. (Like you do with the steering rack grommets and driveshaft bellows)
The optical black in the 'renew' products do protect some, but I think they often turne more brown-ish with time. there are hundreds of brands out there, and some seem to hold up better, I still cannot pick one special.. :p

·
Founding Member
6,623 Posts
Indeed there are lots of rubber protection products out there with such claims and they help some. But there are two things that accelerate the deterioration of rubber compounds (as well as plastic and vinyl), ultraviolet light and ozone gas. Notice how many RV trailers you see with covers over the wheels and wonder why they do that? Because the whole trailer won't fit in a garage. Keep your car in a dark, well-sealed garage in a rural area away from the big city and not only the tires, but the whole car will outlast you.

Reactions: AJ
1 - 3 of 3 Posts