Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
How much Slower/faster would a 205/75 read? Also, would it even fit?
205/75 shouldn't rub, I had some 205/70 on at one point with TONS of clearance still, my 245/60 are about a quarter of an inch taller according to America's tire. Your speedo will read slightly over, just over 1.5 MPH at 60, so 60 on speedo is really ABOUT 61.63

·
Registered
486 Posts
Most companies have not removed the 225/60/14 and 235/60/14 from their list yet. I have found several websites that say they have them, but when you call, they don't. Tire Rack says they have them but they only have one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wal-Mart can for sure get them. If you are looking at getting the BFG radial T/A, you can guarantee you can still get them anywhere in either the 225/60, 235/60, or 245/60

·
Registered
673 Posts
Does anyone use diffenent sizes on front vs rear with stock rims? IE 235's rear 225's front? What size would you use? Thoughts on Performance/ride/looks?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have that combination right now, but not by choice. Just cause I NEEDED two tires and couldn't/didn't want to AFFORD four haha.

235s look better at stock ride height than 225, the car actually looks lowered. As for performance, that all depends on the tire. I'd run all four tires at the same though so they can be rotated.

Now for my question. We came from factory with H rated tires. Who is still making H rated tires for our cars? The 235 Futuras on the rear are T rated, I want H rated tires. I work at Merchants and was on the computer and the first H rated tire I came across was 195-60R-14 haha. I looked from 245s down to 195s, didn't hit H till I got to the end.

Gonna check the websites tonight but if you know the info before I get a chance to look wisen me up :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now for my question. We came from factory with H rated tires. Who is still making H rated tires for our cars? The 235 Futuras on the rear are T rated, I want H rated tires. I work at Merchants and was on the computer and the first H rated tire I came across was 195-60R-14 haha. I looked from 245s down to 195s, didn't hit H till I got to the end.
I have done a TON of research on that very question, and have not been able to find ANYTHING H rated or higher through any tire manufacturer/dealer. Most are S, some are available with a T. If you can even find them though. But even then, the BF Goodrich Radial T/A seems like our best bet. Either that or upsize and get V, W, or Z. Some 15" wheel sizes are H. But most of the 14 are S rated. Which means that most tire work will need to be done as carry-ins in most places due to safety liabilities.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been looking around it the UK for tires and apart from managing to find a pair of part worn Avon CR28's, 225/60r14's are not available over here. I live not far from the factory where they used to be made and, after reading all the comments on here, have emailed Avon (now Cooper) tires and told them that we are unable to get suitable tires for our Supra's. The message I got back said "I am forwarding this on to my colleagues for consideration". This is the e-mail address of the lady I have been dealing with, maybe if enough people were to contact them, they might take some action.

[email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
I included some info like speed rating we need, as well as the total lack of availability in the stock 225/60/14 size, let them know I could get them stock load rating, that good treadwear would be nice, better than the 420AB that seems to be the only option with BFGs nowadays. Price came up, was hoping for less than $80USD per tire (my BFG radial T/As cost $120USD each). So we'll see what I get back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maybe we could do the same with Pirelli, Yokohama, etc. etc. etc. See what happens, see who wins our business in the future. I did tell them that there was a rather large market for it, if we could just get our hands on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe we could do the same with Pirelli, Yokohama, etc. etc. etc. See what happens, see who wins our business in the future. I did tell them that there was a rather large market for it, if we could just get our hands on them.
That ain't a bad idea actually, apparenty Toyo used to make this size as well, aww hell, just contact every tire manufacturer (well, within reason anyway, don't wan't rubbish do we lol).

Yokohama's would be nice!!!!!!

I used to have a contact in Yokohama in the UK, I'll see if I can track him down.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hmmmmm, I wonder what else we could get them to work for???? Maybe get in touch with some wheel manufacturers to get them to design some really nice wheels, I know a lot of the 4-lug style wheels are designed aesthetically to be put on Hondas and such, something like our cars though, that type of aesthetics doesn't cut it.

·
Premium Member
6,108 Posts
People who dont know history are condemned to repeat it......

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
yesterday, i bought two BFG 245/45-14 from Sears. its costs $102 eacg

Non existant size. BFG only makes 225, 235/60/14s... and I know I for one refuse to pay $80+ for a horrible looking tire that is S rated so I'm on thr prowl for 15x7 wheels again.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i just got a set of 235/60/14's from tire rack. they are bfg radial t/a's. theyre on sale right now for $56 each. all 4 shipped cost me less than $300...

just a fyi...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
We have a set of four BFG 235/60R /14s at my job (Merchant's Tire and Auto). I need to check and see how old they are, but they can't be too old. I'll buy them eventually, it'll cost me right around $300 (we don't get a big discount on those specific tires). I'll buy them then mount and balance them myself.

I don't want to get them though, I would really prefer an H rated tire. But I'd end up with a 205 or 215 size tire just to get that H rating haha. Don't really want to go narrower. And buying 15" rims isn't on the menu right now, so for now I'll have to make due.

EDIT- I'm now reading about narrow vs wide tires and see why the Supra came with wide tires haha.

41 - 60 of 162 Posts