Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Getting some tune up work done and fluids changed. Miss her already :( They have their master tech of 25 years working on it, it's been a while but he knows alot about Mk2s. The service advisor told me the dealership owner came down to check it out and talked about putting it on the showroom floor! Mechanic is off Friday and they will have it until next week sometime, I'll feel a lot better about driving it after all this - still need tires though. Wife is going to kill me.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Beautiful car, wish you many happy miles with it.

Your story at the Toyota dealership reminds me of something similar that happened to me. At lunch I drove into my local Toyota dealer, to check local parts availablity. As I drove in, there or four salesmen at the front of the building all looked over at my MkII and smiled, waved, and clapped.

Then as I was driving out, a BMW was driving in, driver, older gentleman, had a suit so I assumed he was part of the dealership. As our cars drive by each other, he rolls his window down to give me a thumbs up on the car.

There aren't a lot of MkIIs down here in S.E. Florida, so it's kinda cool when someone else recognizes and admires them, I guess who better would recognize them, than at a Toyota dealership.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Wow! 20K... that's about the lowest I've seen. We don't see many MkII's on the road in these parts either (East Coast Canada). The salt in the air, or winter driving (road salt) kills them. Mine's an import (Florida car, lol) and never seen snow, so she's clean. Keep on keeping on! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Dont keep it there too long Eric!!!

Mine dsnt go back to the dealer very often, but when it does, the svc mgr begs me to come get the car quickly. He says it causes too much of a commotion/distraction to his techs. That and hes too nervous over being responsible for it.

·
Founding Member
6,336 Posts
I took the 7mgte car to the local Toyota dealer to get the front end alignment done (I do all my own wrenching as much as possible, but I don't own an alignment rack.......yet). Anyways, the entire service department lost probably a good 8 to 10 man-hours that morning as they all had to go check out the supra. I sure would like to have one as mint as Eric's car tho. That pic of it looking like a brand new car in dealer make-ready really brings it home.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

She's back home and running great now and so much fun!!!!. All fluids(coolant, clutch, brake, tranny, diff, power steering) and belts and timing belt tensioner, plugs and wires along with distributor cap and rotor, air filter, clutch slave cylinder, t-stat and radiator cap are replaced with Toyota parts. Was well over a grand :( We took it to the Reds game today! Daytime game in paid and surpervised lot. So much fun cruisn' with the windows down :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Garage Queens deserves this treatment, but could have been half that price if you would know how to do it all.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So true. I wasn't sure what to do on some of the fluids and then there is proper disposal. Most of the tune up would have been easy except getting to the timing belt and associated pulley. I didn't know how easy everything was going to come apart etc...I just figured it was best left to the experts and get my Christmas presents early LOL Plus I wanted everything looked over closely.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You and Bob should arrange to meet at that dealer. That should tie things up for a good while. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts