Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have HP's up front, seem stiff.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, my current setup is TokicoHP's up front and KYB Gas-A-Justs in back. After driving on my KYB's with two blown front struts for about 2 months, I have finally gotten around to slapping the TokicoHP's on the fronts. I have been driving twisties all day, and the Tokico's seem... kinda soft... Maybe its just in comparison to those un-godly stiff gas-a-justs, but these feel like sunday-driver struts. Hmm... I'm just insatiable I suppose. How much are those konis?

--BillyM
Maybe I'm just whining because it was harder to install than the rears... (Not bad, only took an hour and a half, but still compared to the 25min for the rears...)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Billy needs to just quit whining.... :wink: :p :lol:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I have a full set of HP's sitting in my livingroom and they dont feel soft to me. At least compared to stock type shocks they are stiff. But I guess I will have to wait till next weekend before I can make a final judgement but im pretty sure there better than 18year old stock struts and 3 year old gabriel POS shocks.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
They are kinda soft. I think the HPs are a great upgrade over stock, to get a 'sporty' ride. Def good for a daily driver. I do not feel they are the best for any type of 'racing' but as we all know 'racing' setups are rough for the drive.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I had HP's on all four corners and it felt good to me. Not overdamped.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I havn't drove my supra in awhile...but my HP's were very comfortable and great on turns...but it is just a driver...not a racer 8)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I plan to go racing in Tampa Labor Day weekend so I ordered another round of HPs for under warrenty replacement because I was convinced that the original HPs were all blown. To my dismay the old ones dont feel that much different than the new ones when I push on them by hand! :doh: How do we know when a strut/shock is bad enough to meet replacement guidelines? I have them coupled w Eibach progressives /Addco's front and rear/Falken 502's ( a solid block outer edge tire)/and a homemade rear shock tower brace (Front strut tower brace gets made this week :D ).
What made me think they were blown? The following occured on my previous AND current supras with the suspension switched from one car to the other. The front lifts under acceleration more than it used to. The car dives under braking and cornering more than it used to.The right rear rattles when going over bumpy roads. I can now unfortunately go over speedbumps at speed. To top it off I was taking a dog to a new owner and stopped at an ATM for cash. The dog was laying in the back with the seats down and the car was shaking because the DOG WAS PANTING!!How crazy is that! :confused:
Am I Whinning too?

·
Registered
430 Posts
your coming to the tampa autoX? sweet...I"ll be there too with my turbo beast. and she definatly looks like a beast too lol...not very pretty...but I'll be out there..hopefully with an lsd this time

WillKorver said:
I plan to go racing in Tampa Labor Day weekend so

1 - 10 of 10 Posts