Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my second set of Tom's racing side mirrors. Got these shipped from Japan, and shipping/commission fees are expensive. I'm sure we all know that. Brand new in box. May be your only chance in a long time to get a set of these. Took me forever to get my first set. Selling for $450 plus shipping/PayPal fees. If I cant get what I paid for them, I'll keep them. Got a bunch of other rare parts I may be selling also. Will update post when time comes.. text for pics as I haven't uploaded them yet. Pics attached are my other set to show you guys how they look on the car. 4143648718 20190920_071952_1568997656362.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
I couldn't view the bigger pix, but these go on the door as a replacement for the stock mirrors? Is the mirror part any larger than the stock mirror?

- Jim

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the glass is slightly bigger. Last time I checked, I believe they do have a slight bluish tint to the glass. These bolt up to stock mounting holes as a replacement to the side door mirrors.

·
Registered
15,019 Posts
If you have a set of HKS 5m/6m valve covers you plan to sell, lmk. Also in the market for some higher than stock compression pistons. Both items for my HKS Side draft kit build.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hope you weren't getting out of the game! I just recall you had that twin-turbo kit a while back. Did you ever get that thing set up? Or am I confusing this with someone else that had it?

·
Founding Member
6,292 Posts
Just curious what was supposed to be the advantage of these aftermarket mirrors?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope you weren't getting out of the game! I just recall you had that twin-turbo kit a while back. Did you ever get that thing set up? Or am I confusing this with someone else that had it?
Noooo, not getting out the game. I dont think I ever can. These cars have my heart and soul. Just totaled one of my supras cause some idiot cut infront of me on the freeway, so I'm selling a bunch of extra parts, or parts that I'll probably never end up using. I had the rabidchimp turbo intercooler piping w/fmic awhile back that was up for sale if that's what you mean? But other then that, you may be confusing me with someone else lol

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious what was supposed to be the advantage of these aftermarket mirrors?
I'm not too sure. Probably just another aftermarket option for our cars. Can't go wrong with that!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a set of HKS 5m/6m valve covers you plan to sell, lmk. Also in the market for some higher than stock compression pistons. Both items for my HKS Side draft kit build.
I'LL TAKE 'EM!!

Just sent you a PM

- Jim

Replied, and nope! Don't have a set of those..

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Gee, I would like to see how well they will work on your car,Jim.
Pix when you get'em and maybe when put them on.

Never seen them! They remind me of the Porsche style. Sticks WAY out!
If you like them,EYE would buy your old drivers side one,if you are not too attached to it.
I'll do Pay pal,if that is OK.
Favors that I owe to you,anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
I'll definitely post some pix. My OEM driver's mirror is pretty crusty. I sanded off the hard, glossy black coating that was on both mirrors, but had to put the driver's mirror back on before I painted it so I could drive to SIV the year I took the car.

The passenger mirror is apart, but I got the housing painted with the satin Krylon you recommended.

Not sure if I want to sell them, but you *officially* have the right of first refusal if I do.

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Your decision to sell the mirrors is all yours.
I have the right of refusal. That was delicate.:thumbsup:

That satin Krylon black is the best rattle can paint that I have ever used!
My wiper blades and entire hood has it and it is indestructible. Going on my third year and it's the best of the best.
(Cannot find the part number.)

I'm eager to see these VERY expensive and RARE racing mirrors as you are.
I would be proud to show these off!
They may be the "ONE OF ONE" in the United States,installed on any Toyota Supra mark 2.
OK,I'm jealous.:salute:

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
The Krylon paint I used seems pretty tough. The wiper arms came out GREAT, and hopefully they stay that way.

I'm not big into having super collectable stuff. I just wanted some nice mirrors that would go on the car without a ton of modification.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts