Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning: This is Harbor Freight stuff. This is NOT craftsman, snap-on, or anything like that. If you run an automotive shop and will use this 10x each day, it likely won't last more than a couple years. If you are like me and use it once every few weeks and keep up with maintenance, it will likely last for decades.

Harborfreight in-store sale said:

3000 Lb. Capacity Lightweight Aluminum Racing Jack
Aluminum racing jack lifts 3000 lbs. to a maximum height of 14-3/4"
Low-profile saddle with 3" minimum height, 360° rotating rubber pad
Made out of machined, high strength, aircraft aluminum billet material
4-5/8" wide, single front roller wheel
Two piece knurled aluminum handle prevents slipping

Handle overall length: 35-1/2''; Overall dimensions: 19-3/4" L x 9-3/8" W x 8" H Weight: 24.2 lbs.
Normally $100, priced down to $59 this weekend only and combined with this 20% off coupon you can get out for ~$50 tax and all. Rocking deal if you ask me!

I just picked one up yesterday, and I'm 100% impressed with the quality. The lift arm is VERY stable (all cast, no stamped/formed shit), only takes ~9 pumps to go from bottom (very short, for low cars) to 15" lift. There are rubber bump stops and a tension spring (it stays wherever you let go of it) on the handle (which snaps together or seperates for storage). There is also a rubber bumper in the middle of the lift point which should be nice when lifting by the diff or the front cross-member if you have it painted or polished up nicely.

I'm not afraid to call shit "shit" even if I own it, but this is a pretty damn good setup for $100, and a retarded-awesome setup for $50.

Feel free to discuss, but if you want one, Today and Tomorrow only!

--billyM

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Whoa thanks Billy! I'm definitely picking one up. I like the rubber padding and its light as hell compared to my pre-historic floor jack.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Went their and ended up not getting it. I was thinking it was the beefier version one and I dont think it would of last very long if I used it on the 87 and my dads tundra.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i currently have 1 and it's about 2.5 years old. still works and i paid $119 for it new. for this price, i'll go buy another 1 as a spare. thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went their and ended up not getting it. I was thinking it was the beefier version one and I dont think it would of last very long if I used it on the 87 and my dads tundra.
It's rated for 3000lbs, neither axle on either vehicle mentioned weighs more than 2500lbs...

That said, I just used mine to lift the turbo car up by the pumpkin (set on 3-ton jackstand under each side) for a rear brake job, full weight, plus 200+lbs of tools. This jack is awesome, extremely light effort required, supremely stable, worth $100 easy, stupid-awesome at $50.

The other thing to note is the front wheel is 7" wide, and allows it to roll with the full weight of a car without marring up my fancy-pants painted garage floor... Yay! 100% satisfied with it thus-far.

--billyM

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
my friend had one identical to this. He bought it here, in canada from princess auto. They sell the same stuff as harbou freight (Taiwanese, chinese products). His lasted just over a year before the hydraulic cylinder started leaking out all it's fluid. His cost $120CDN normal price for it, which is still really damn cheap for a low profile aluminum floor jack. That being said, he still bought a same replacement one.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I had one of those, sorry to say but IMO its shit. Mine broke down after a few uses.

·
Registered
683 Posts
This floor jack is on sale again. $59.99 with 15% off coupon, maybe you can find a 20% off coupon online?

Also aluminum jack stands for $36.99. I usually see the steel orange ones on sale for $10-20.

Floor Jack

Coupon

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, seem to be on perma-sale now days.

I've used mine dozens of times since purchase, I took it to the track, had a trailer tire failure, ended up having to jack up one side of the trailer (with car, ~4400lbs) and zero issues. I took it down to a trackday, very nice having the collapsible handle and being able to pick the thing up with one hand.

--billyM

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yep, seem to be on perma-sale now days.

I've used mine dozens of times since purchase, I took it to the track, had a trailer tire failure, ended up having to jack up one side of the trailer (with car, ~4400lbs) and zero issues. I took it down to a trackday, very nice having the collapsible handle and being able to pick the thing up with one hand.

--billyM
Did you bleed yours before you used yours? I've read that the reason these China aluminum floor jacks break is because people don't bleed them before using it. I followed the instructions that came with mine for bleeding but hydraulic jack fluid just comes out before the handle is fully depressed.

I've only used mines a few times and it seems to take forever to jack the car up. Takes like 15+ pumps to get it to max height and it doesn't even go up that high. Is this the same with yours?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I swear I bought this same jack from Costco for over $100 dollars. Hmmm...I should take a closer look at it today.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rapid pump has a second cylinder that allows you to get up to the level of the car in two pumps. ....then it plain-old pump pump pump to raise it. The way I see it, that's 2x as many points of failure, and plus, I have the foresight to raise the jack to where I need it before sliding it all the way under the car.

--billyM

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Just got back from getting one, plus other stuff too. My printer broke so I couldn't print out the coupon. Good thing I had my phone, so I just showed them the coupons and they was cool. Thanks guys for passing the great deal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts