Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Just Drift Top Drift round 3 was last weekend. Putting the turbo on the motor gave me the power I needed to be very competitive. I ran 3 solid qualifying runs scoring a 79 point score on my last run which made me qualify 7th over all. Top 16 Battle I was against Jim Guthrie with a 650hp 2012 Super charged Boss 302 mustang fully built to Formula D spec. I made a little mistake in my lead run but still put a solid run and then tried to keep up with him and all that power while following but he made a mistake and spun out in the last corner giving me the win. On to the top 8 I was against Luke Pakula in his SR20 powered AE86. Put down a solid follow run but went to big while leading and put two tires in the dirt which gave me a 0 and gave the win to Luke. Unfortunately I do not have video of the last battle due to my go pro battery dieing. I was told I had one of the biggest angles of the night around the first corner in that battle since Luke decided to go slower into the corse probably trying to make me make a mistake. Well here is my 79 point qualifying run as well as two photos that have been posted up. Will post some more in here with the rest of the media gets there photos and videos up.
Photo by Roger Smith

Photo by Tyler Seth Deal

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Offical Standings just released looks like I got 8th which is kind of a surprise since one of the top 8 cars broke and was not able to complete his runs but I will take it none the less

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice job, seems you're getting a lot better...unrelated to event, but do you have your sights set on going to FD?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have my sights on getting an FD license, if I compete in FD will be slightly different story. Looks like I will not be in the running till next year though. Since I had a throttle body screw come lose and go through my motor in the first race of the season I missed out on the points I would need to get my license. I think if I get at least 8th next race I will be around 12th-16th place overall and I need to be in the top 8 to get my license. The only issues I have is that Formula D has a lot of politics that need to be sorted out but I do want to be a license holder. I might just stay and continue to compete on the amateur level and keep improving my skills and the skills of others unless I some how pick up a big sponsor since FD takes a lot of money to run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts