Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 166 Posts

·
crashtest dummy
1,564 Posts
Thanks Damon. I have terrible 60' times in this car, i just likes to burn the tires through first and first part of second, no matter how i launch. But, it may do better this year, as i have pilot's on there, that aren't balled, and i'm gonna try lowering the psi a little bit.
For street tires, near bald is ideal (as long as they are in otherwise good condition). Lowering them down to between 16 to 25 PSI will help a ton; really matters on the tires themselves as well as the weather/ day or night. I typically start w/ them around 25psi and work my way down. Also, extremely important to drive around the water box (w/ street tires)! Good idea to leave the john force smoke shows for the burnout contest as well. Doing a quick, medium speed burn out is all that is needed; more to clean off the tires than to get them hot. When they get too hot, they get very slick/ greasy. I usually spin them till just before they start to smoke, and try to avoid staying in the same place (move forward towards the start line).

If your clutch can take it - you want to slip the crap out of it. On near stock MKII's, I usually launch around 4K, slipping it at the edge of roasting them.

W/ run of the mill S and H rated tires on stock P-type rims, I've been able to hit a few high 1.9's, but on average can hit 2.0-2.2 w/ multiple MKII's. What works best for everyone and their car will take some trial and error, but hopefully this will be of some use...

·
Registered
722 Posts
I had a good day today. Got some baseline dyno runs in before I install some ITBs. This is on a 6M, bored over .030", deck shaved .012", head shaved .020", stock cams, ported head and intake, standalone engine management (MAP based)

·
POTATO
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
thats hawt. thats how mine "feels", but I need to go get another run in....

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Good job Frank! Now, take a long lunch break and install the ITBs :)

I'd really like to see 200rwhp and 200 ft/lbs torque. Seems very possible with your engine potential. Gotta get together again soon.

Don L.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've been waiting to install the ITB because I promised Kevin a before dyno, and finally got a chance to get down to one. I think 200 is very possible, then it's on to cams...

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
That's an incredibly smooth, flat AFR graph. Does your Stinger self-program to a target afr goal? Mine usually looks like a gentle roller coaster, not flat as Nebraska like yours.

Don L.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's an incredibly smooth, flat AFR graph. Does your Stinger self-program to a target afr goal? Mine usually looks like a gentle roller coaster, not flat as Nebraska like yours.

Don L.
I don't use the target A/F function, just tune it cell by cell. My WOT was already pretty well dialed in before the dyno. I only gained about 2 hp from the first to last run. Just played around with top end fuel settings a bit.

·
POTATO
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
arghh, i need to dyno again so bad. Thanks Frank for making me want to get up the $ for a new run even moreso now,, lol

·
POTATO
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Maybe :p

Actually, I've been downloading and uploading pics to my site in their own little gallery and I'll probably just end up putting the link in the 1st page when I'm done.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dyno

This is a bit late given I've taken out the 5M sold all the parts and gone 7mgte, but I did 154ish. So for historical sake here's the sheet.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Re-dynoed my car today. This is after the triple ITB install. Gained torque in the midrange mostly between 3000 and 4500,
and in the top end between 6000 and 7000. The hp number didn't go up, but there are gains in horsepower and torque
throughout the power band, especially up top. I highlighted the gains at 6700. (14 hp and 12 ft/lbs torque.)

Next I need to get some cams and cam gears to get to that elusive 200whp mark.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Wow, very impressive! Love that powerband! Your torque curve is so flat and 200 ft/lbs seems to be everywhere!

Nice job on the build!

Don L.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
thanks guys! i'm going to put a new clutch in the car in the spring, and it's already gotten a better intake and an aftermarket coil so it should be able to best the drag numbers next time I go, and maaaybe best the dyno numbers.

the powerband is a ton of fun. It's a joy to autocross now. instant response...I actually have to pedal it coming out of second gear turns. It is NOT the same car anymore (considering my old 5m made around 130whp)

41 - 60 of 166 Posts