Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grabbed this from the SupraForums site, since I didn't see it over here. Went last year and had a great time. We have our hotel booked and will be there for the whole event. Hope to see many of you there. Let's try to outnumber the other Supra generations!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Toronto Supra Club would like to announce its 8th annual summer meet. Spanning 3 days, and as many cities, we guarentee a good time, yes, even if it rains.

The itinerary can be found by looking in the events calendar, or by following the following links.

Friday August 15th, 2003
http://www.torontosupraclub.com/index.php?module=PostCalendar&func=view&Date=20030815&tplview=default&viewtype=details&eid=6&print=

Saturday August 16th, 2003
http://www.torontosupraclub.com/index.php?module=PostCalendar&func=view&Date=20030816&tplview=default&viewtype=details&eid=7&print=

Sunday August 17th, 2003
http://www.torontosupraclub.com/index.php?module=PostCalendar&func=view&Date=20030817&tplview=default&viewtype=details&eid=8&print=

Don't wait a moment longer, Head on over to our Event Registration page to tell everyone your coming to the August Meet!!
http://www.torontosupraclub.com/index.php?module=postguestbook

http://www.torontosupraclub.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Can we get an estimate of how many mkii's will be showing up to this meet. It would be nice to meet up somewhere so we can all caravan to the first destination in mkii style.....plus it would be great vid footage.

Later
mark

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'll be there for Friday's Boat ride again,,,,, will leave Sunday late after noon

Got the car back and it looks great,,, refinished wheels and repainted front bumper and air dam,,,, they even buffed and waxed the car after they repaired the rear quarter,,,,

Car never looked so good,,,,

Rock/

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'll be there for a few events.. Not sure when.. Going to be going to the ALMS at Mosport.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Rock.... I'm glad to hear that your car is back to making you a happy man. Can't wait to see you on that friday.

Dean... your place sounds like a good idea. Thanks 4 the offer.

Andrew.... Glad to hear that your comming out again. Hopefully soon we will be able to meet out at your neck of the woods.

To every other MKI and MKII owner out there in Supraland..... try and make it out. I've been there 3 yrs in a row and it's a really awesome time. you won't regret it.

Proud to B an MKII owner

Later

Mark

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We want to meet up with you guys after the boat ride (which we are skipping). Anyone have directions to the dinner place at 5 p.m.? We will be driving over from downtown Toronto.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hey chad.
Sherry and myself r skipping the ride as well.(surprise, surprise :lol: ) We are still going to niagria on the lake though..
They have some giftshops and cool things to see in that town..While everyone else is on the boat, Sherry and I will be enjoying the town. If you want we can make it a foursome. We can caravan from t.o together.
Let me know

Mark

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds cool. I am sure Elaine will be up for some shopping. And who can pass up a running a couple of black '82s down the QEW!!! I will PM you for more details.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dean,,,,

I probably will need a place to stay for the friday night,,,,

If you can spare a corner I'll bring my sleeping bag,,,,

I'll keep you posted as for the fianl details regarding arrival and such.

Gotta get my clutch replacede by then,,, still driving on the same one as last summer,,, slips once in a while and I lose quite a bit of get up and go at about 4000 rpm,,,,

Anyone have any suggestions on which clutch I should go with????

Rock/

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to go with the DXD clutch that Mark (CRF_Rider) is running. The price is good, and it isn't harsh like the ACT 6 puck. He is laying down 275 rwhp with no slipping!!! Do a search on DXD and you should find 1 or more threads on the Forum. Seems like it is around $350 USD.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have all three days circled on my calender but know I cant make the whole event. I'll keep in touch with you lads when I get a better handle on life in August :roll:
DJ

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Rock, I'll keep a corner reserved for you! I should have a few other people staying here too.

Mark, will you be drag racing your car again?? I'll be going to Niagara too, but not on the jetboats. Maybe while others are cruising on the jetboats, another type of "cruise" would be in order?

Chad, sounds like you are a fan of the QEW (Queen Elizabeth dragWay)!!

Andrew, are you camping out at Mosport for the weekend? You can crash at my place Friday night after the drags if you want. I'm not too far from Cayuga.

With all the new local Mk2 owners that we've found in the last year, we should be seeing a lot of Mk2's out. Keep reminding all your local Mk2 owners that aren't online to come out to some of the events!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i'm not going on the jet boat. I'll be meeting Chad in Toronto and going to your place :D .
From there niagara on the lake to do some window shopping

And yes I'll be dragging my car. My goal is to beat the 15.0 sec run that I had the last time. Hopefully I'll get more than 1 run in this time :pat:

Any how.. we'll have a good time

later
Mark

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dean,,,

I'll probably meet at your place again on Friday

As for the Jet boat, I might pass on it if your planning a cruise around the area.

Rock/

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Rock,

Let me know when you will be arriving at my place. Will you have a cell phone? If so, email me your number. Also, bring along a Motorola FRS radio (and spare batteries) if you have one, we use them all weekend in the cars.
Sounds like Mark and Chad want to do some shopping in NOTL with their wives while others go on the JetBoat ride. We might find others who want to go for a cruise with us though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey Dean,
Friday ( daytime ) is a definate no no for me. Still juggling between Sat and Sun. Is J.K. coming up ?? For the whole meet ?? Worst comes to worst, I'll show up at Bobs with some pop and chips :roll:
DJ

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dean,,,

I'll send you my cell phone # before I leave,,, as well as approx. arrival time for Friday.

I do have a set of motorola 2 ways,,, I'll bring them both.

Rock/

1 - 20 of 59 Posts