Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the way to see my girlfriend for Christmas and swerved to miss a dog because I love animals (stupid me) and hit a parked car. Fucked the front end up, wheel is sitting flat. Fuck life. I was only doing 30 but it seemed like I was doing 100 from the looks of my car. Car is sitting in a junkyard I don't feel like taking pictures of it. Neighbor is a cop and was the first person on scene. Gotta love the guy.

CT scan showed no major injuries other than a few broken bones (Arm and a billion bruises.

All I have right now is this picture at the hospital

My advice, run over dogs don't dodge them.

yay here i am on 2 shots of morphine

Pics of car before wreck

·
Registered
622 Posts
So sorry this happened man, I didn't even know it was the supra. You could scrap your parts from it and transfer to another mk2-3-4... hate to say that but damn. Sorry this happened to you...

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
That must suck being in the hospital over the holidays, but I hope you have a speedy recovery. At least the dog appreciates it.

I know it must be instinctive to swerve to avoid living things, but sometimes you have to think fast and avoid the greatest damage (even if it means running down Fido). Sometimes the dog gets lucky and fits under the car, and only gets the crap scared out of him. :) Sorry it happened, but perhaps karma will repay you for your sacrifice.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Sorry to hear it. I hope that you scared the dog so bad it ran home to his "loving" owners and takes a runny dump all over their new biege living room carpet. If you had hit the dog, you could have delivered the wounded dog to them so they could pay for his medical care and for the damages to your car. Poor dog almost paid the supreme sacrifice for human thoughtlessness.

Hey, rant over. Get well soon.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I think you will second guess the Fuck Life comment one day. You just got another lease on life. As one gets older he has close calls that could have been the end. After a while you realize how close you came with each one. Thank your lucks stars and heal up.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the good comments guys. I wrecked the blue MkIII that is in my signature. Frame damage says no fixy.

I cried in the hostipal because I wrecked my favorite dream car. :(

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am sorry to hear of your hurts. That totally bites and I understand how you feel. I have had a similar experience. Keep the faith brother, good things WILL come from this very bad experience.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Glad your OK Andrew!! Know how you feel I slammed head on into a tree when swerving to miss a deer on a wet road at 40mph. I didn't get a scratch on me though.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ouch! Sorry about the acident dude. If you have frame damage, but it's your "favorite dream car"... keep it and make it a track car or something. I know you put a lot of time and $ into it.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
That blows dude. I know where you are coming from. I totalled a near mint supra that was given to me as a gift from my older brother. I was avoiding an illegally parked car around a blind corner. Fluke things happens and really screws shit up for other people. Glad you are ok tho man. Cars are just metal, they can be replaced. Human lives cannot.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Matt sorry to see you in the hospital. I always liked your car, but it can be replaced you can't. Get well soon.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
and another one bites the dust....glad to hear you made it out alive

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
Ouch. I always thought mk3 were tanks, and would take a hit better than what you're describing. Get better soon

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Matt, glad to hear you're well enough to type this message. It could have been worse...

Ouch. I always thought mk3 were tanks, and would take a hit better than what you're describing. Get better soon
30mph is pretty damn fast when you got to a dead stop. most of those standard offset crashes that you see for the euro ncap are at 35mph, at which point most cars that are from the 90s will have pretty bad cockpit intrusions.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Um...they are tanks...with crumple zones. Being that they weigh a lot, there's a lot of stored up inertia there when they hit something making it worse than you would think it would be.

Matt, glad to hear you're ok...take the opportunity to go shopping for a new car...think of it as 'upgrade' time bro!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
i've wrecked more than my fair share of vehicles and most over 30mph. My question is regarding the broken bones, were you wearing a seatbelt? glad to see that for the most part your ok.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts