Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out shopping at the local home improvement store when I come upon this gorgeous Celica GT-Four.
I'm not even sure what year it is, but it has Canadian markings versus US markings.
It has collector plates and is in pretty spectacular shape. I was hoping to see the owner, but couldn't wait that long.

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

I assume that these wheels are not stock. They seem somewhat larger than what would have been around in 1989-1993.
I have never been a fan of the car because most of the ones I have seen have been in pretty rough shape. This one changed my mind.
Wow!

Dale

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very cool. These used to be relatively common here as Japanese imports, but haven't seen one in quite a while. That one looks excellent! Shame about the rims though, but I guess that's just personal taste.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool. These used to be relatively common here as Japanese imports, but haven't seen one in quite a while. That one looks excellent! Shame about the rims though, but I guess that's just personal taste.
I tend to agree with you. The car seems to be sitting too high on these wheels.
I can see the rationale however. He kept it all in the family. The wheels are from the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86GTS (or whatever they called it in each sales region). The wheel centers have the Toyota logo. Being 17 x 7" he has a way bigger selection of performance rubber. The stock rubber on these cars was 205/60R15 and while there is rubber available, it tends to be somewhat more suitable for mini vans.

https://wheelsamerica.com/product/subaru-brz-17-machined-w-black-pockets-oem-wheel-2013-2016-28111ca010-28821ca010/

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
That's a ST185, 89 to 92 I believe. They did sell them in North America, but are quite rare - lots rusted out from being winter driven, they are pretty good in the snow with AWD.

My wife has a 94 ST205, so the GT-FOUR version of a 6th gen Celica. It is a pretty interesting car for sure, makes almost 300 wheel at 17 psi on the stock engine, ECU and fuel system.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I tend to agree with you. The car seems to be sitting too high on these wheels.
I can see the rationale however. He kept it all in the family. The wheels are from the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86GTS (or whatever they called it in each sales region). The wheel centers have the Toyota logo. Being 17 x 7" he has a way bigger selection of performance rubber. The stock rubber on these cars was 205/60R15 and while there is rubber available, it tends to be somewhat more suitable for mini vans.

Aah, of course. Didn't look close enough. I can't really diss it, I'm running 17"s on my MA61....

Just needs more low!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just found this in the local Craigslist:

What's interesting is that the car was reviewed by a contributor to Road & Track Magazine

The Celica GT-Four Is a Forgotten 1990s Performance Gem

Youtube video of this particular car.

The price, C$14,900 translates to US$ 10480.15

I'm not into RHD cars, but I guess it's the only way you are going to get one of these homologation specials.

As they mention, it can be legally imported into the US this year.

Dale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts