Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rofl :laugh: :eekfacepalm:

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/01/2...orry-for-causing-our-customers-so-much-worry/

In his first public comment on the massive recall surrounding Toyota, President and CEO Akio Toyoda apologized to his customers for causing them so much worry.

“I am deeply sorry,” said Toyoda in a brief interview with the Japanese network NHK. Toyoda was seen leaving the interview in a black Audi.

“Truly we think of our customers as a priority and we guarantee their safety,” Toyoda said. He said that he could not answer questions about the recall because the company “was still investigating” the issue.

According to Toyota’s supplier CTS, the companies are awaiting a federal government approval of a redesigned accelerator pedal that is currently being developed.

The recall is now estimated to involve at least nine million cars and trucks.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Well I guess my first question would be whether he owned it or if some limo service was using an A8L...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Rofl :laugh: :eekfacepalm:

The recall is now estimated to involve at least nine million cars and trucks.
that is worst than Ford. Dammit still thinking to get me an 05 or 06 Camry, i guess i have to wait.:ugh:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Does anyone honestly care if he owns an Audi? Ridiculous..

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
...the guy has the a 8+ MILLION car recall weighing on his mind.

I'm sure he had very little time to quibble about what brand vehicle the transportation company would be driving him in.

--billyM

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Dammit still thinking to get me an 05 or 06 Camry, i guess i have to wait.:ugh:
pay attention... the 2005-06 Camrys are not affected by this campaign.

I literally just sold my wifes 2005 SEV6 last week, and was afraid the deal was gonna go south since Toyotas announcement came the day after I got a verbal commitment. Luckily the buyer was intelligent enough to distinguish my car wasnt part of the problem. I wldve been pissed otherwise.

Eff Toyota 2010.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
...the guy has the a 8+ MILLION car recall weighing on his mind.

I'm sure he had very little time to quibble about what brand vehicle the transportation company would be driving him in.

--billyM
The fact that he doesn't have time Billy is the reason reporters have the time to threw it out there and let the masses quibble over it haha.

They didn't have to mention what he was riding around in, but they did hoping it'd spark something.

Nothing says kick a guy while he's down like the media. We all human, and we all screw up, but when you face cameras, you'd BETTER NOT screw up. Ask Tiger Woods, Bill Clinton, Mike Tyson, Michael Vick, Pee Wee Herman, etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
One website said that it didn't seem like a real apology because he didn't bow low enough. Maybe he should get some bowing lessons from Obama.

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Gov gives money to domestic auto maker.

Foreign auto maker has questionable defect.

Gov jumps on foreign auto maker HARD, driving sales to the domestic auto makers.

...surprised? I'm not.

--billyM

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

Gov jumps on foreign auto maker HARD, driving sales to the domestic auto makers.

...surprised? I'm not.

--billyM
BS police strikes again! I agree with you.

·
Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
exactly what I was getting at in the other thread.

How many defects has GM had over the years that caused many more deaths but never got a fraction of the ink as this debalacle? Quite a few I imagine.

·
Registered
432 Posts

...surprised? I'm not.

--billyM
.. And class-action lawsuit lawyers lining up at the courthouse... also not surprised! I have two vehicles that are part of the recall and am not terribly worried about driving them. Both have performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
I have two vehicles that are part of the recall and am not terribly worried about driving them. Both have performed flawlessly.
agreed, but public perception affects resale values.

Id be none too happy about that much.

·
Registered
379 Posts
my taco was included in the recall for the floor mats. but guess what, it really wasn't because if you still had the factory floor mats then you're golden.

i gotta agree with the BS police above, this is a grand opportunity to bolster sales of inferior domestic products. i won't say american, because we all know that toyotas are more american than the big three nowadays.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Sounds like the Audi unintended acceleration issue all over again. People reporting how they have the brakes pressed to the floor and the car is surging up to 100 mph. While these people are on their blackberrys and cell phones they have the accelerator floored in a panic thinking they are braking.

Car and Driver recently tested a few cars by braking from high speed with the gas pedal mashed; in all cases the cars stopped (with smoking brakes in the 540 hp Mustang Cobra they tested).

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/ca...dal_media_circus_and_stupid_drivers-editorial

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/09q4/how_to_deal_with_unintended_acceleration-tech_dept

I don't really buy government conspiracies but with a govt. as disfunctional as the one we have right now....makes sense.

/end rant.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Not big into conspiracies either, but I do not trust governments (especially those that own 60%-70% of the competition) or corporations either. Most drivers are incapable of driving properly too.

Resale values.... Another member here on cs.com sent me the following link.

Cheap JDM imports.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Most drivers are incapable of driving properly too.
That Rhonda lady testifying her Lexus story... nice lady and all, but I do believe she simpy panicked.

I had a similar situation with my wife's 2000 Maxima. I stupidly stacked a rubber mat on top of the OE carpet mat... sure enough the accelerator pedal got wedged while i was driving.

Keep cool... shift into neutral, apply brakes, park it, assess problem, call tow truck if necessary.

End of story

1 - 20 of 39 Posts