Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't for Supra's exactly, but I thought I'd let you guys know since most of the kit can work for your cars. The front would have to be modified. Or if there is some real interests I can see about getting a kit only from the doors to the back.

Talking with Joel at Toysport they are working with Toyota Motorsports to remake the IMSA Celica body panels. Toyota Motorsports will be making the molds off of Dan Gurney's and Joel's Toysport parts. This is good for us since the only difference between Gurney's IMSA car and Joel's IMSA body parts is that Joel's has a different front end so that we won't lose our turn signals and a more aggressive air dam.

Here is a pic of Toysport's car

And here are some of other pics of the IMSA cars.

The current price right now is 5500 for the complete kit. Which may sound steep, but considering the history of the kits, the people involved in recreating them and the quality of the work I'd imagine it's kind of a bargain. I'm going to try and persuade Toyota Motorsports to have a serial plate on them if they aren't already planning on doing that. I figure the serial plate would be a nice touch to these historic kits.

I think the first one to be made will be in 3 months or so.
I have more IMSA pics in my album here
http://www.truestreets.com/gallery/album/Awesome-3rd-Gens/u993

Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yea i'd love to have those wheels too. I just thought I'd let people know about the kits since I don't think many will be made. They're mostly doing this for internal reasons.

·
Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
I already have the wheels :D

The rear ends look quite different from the shots you have. Looks like the Toysport car has a wing that is blended into the widebody panels, hopefully the rear encorporates the bumper better.

This is actually quite cool as these are real race machines and historically significant factory widebody kits. Unfortuanlty they cost more then most cars on this forum are worth, but there might be a few people interested. Our front ends are totaly different though, we'd only be able to use the rear end stuff.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i will stick to the f1 ha...looks good for track but not street, i like the sides not the back lol but i will see when you get them finished never know..but that 5500 cash is alil...alil to much for me lol.....ooh and by the way my rims look pretty similar to them besides the gold, and mine the lugs are covered but they are hre's any one need some?? i want to sell lol.. not my style.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SupraFiend, the wing is different, it was made to blend in with the fenders. I'm not sure if they are going to be making the wing. Basically it will look like how last image is showing the back.

Michael764, the coupes will work with these kits also. Toysport themselves will use one of the kits on the coupes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts