Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official....

The Ohio meet will be held on Memorial Day Weekend (US) May 22-26.

Thursday: Test n Tune at Kil-Kare
Friday AM: Air Force Museum - see their 3rd hanger
Friday PM: Quaker Steak & Lube - Col Glenn (Fairborn)
Saturday: Dyno $65 - Dyno Tune Motorsports ]Dyno Tune Motorsports[/URL]
Saturday PM: Quaker Steak & Lube - Columbus
Sunday: Aviation Trail Rally
Monday:

Official hotel:

Quality Inn South
1944 Miamisburg Centerville Rd. (Rte 725)
Dayton, OH 45459
937-435-1550

Room rates are $47.00 + tax
Ask for rooms under "Supra"
Quality Inn

Official Charity Organization:
Children's Medical Center
There will be a raffle with tickets available for $5.00 each.

We will also be collecting gifts for children.

Check for more info as we get them[/url]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Thanks for the info, James. You got my interest peaked. What is the Aviation Trail Rally? Anything official after the Dyno...or will it be a free-for-all? Keep us posted. Sounds like I won't be able to defend my high hp trophy if Mike Defonce shows up from St. Louis with his 7mgte mk2.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Dayton 2003

I've always wanted to go to a supra meet, everytime i think of going something comes up, i'm going to the dayton meet for sure, i can't wait to meet you guys...there aren't a lot of mk2's around columbus, oh, i wish there were, or at least mk2 freaks...i never even get a wave when i pass one......lol!!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After the dyno we were considering going to the Quaker Steak and Lube in Columbus.

The Trail rally just allows everyone to view the history of aviation in Dayton.. Wright Brothers shop, etc. Winner gets a prize.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'll be there with my 7mgte mk2 8) BTW, how and where do I sign up for the Dyno?

Chad, so you're the highest hp mk2? That's pretty cool. Don't feel bad if I take it from ya, but then again who knows there's always higher hp mk2 than mine somewhere!

What is Quaker Steak & Lube? Is that a restaurant? Shop?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm just wondering with the above comment. i don't know if a 7mgte in a mkII will actually classify you as a mkll.
I think you would be more of a hybrid Mkll. So actually Chad wouldn't be in your catagory.
But thats just my opinion!.
good luck chad with the highest hp 4 a standard 5m engine with a t.
Later

·
Registered
870 Posts
That's true that mine's not a 5m so I suppose Russ's will always be the top dog in a mk2 and that's with a 5m (but really is a 6m).

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's all good. I am hoping to do an engine swap into a mk2 down the road, once I do everything I can do to the Spearco. Anyway, Mike you should be safe on the dyno, unless Chris P. or Jeff T. decide to show up...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yeah, I'll have to watch for Jeff/Chris! Really, I hope they will show up. The more mk2's the better!

Chad, email me off the list/forum about getting together at this meet or along the way to the meet.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As many of you who have attended in the past, we pick a charity to donate proceeds every year. We have done so for 6 straight years.

This year, we are proud to have Childrens' Medical Center of Dayton, OH as our official charity organization. Having spoken to members of the Children's Medical Center organization, they were pleased to be affiliated with our event. Items donated by corporate as well as individual sponsors will be either donated directly to Children's Medical Center of Dayton or used as prizes for the raffle with proceeds going to the Center.

Many thanks to all who have donated prizes as well as other items in the past.

We hope that you can open your heart again this year and bring a smile to a child who is in need. Some are suffering from rare illnesses, and/or require extended stays at the facility. Your contribution helps to buy equipment, medical supplies or even items that make their stay a little easier. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
James R
Co-ordinator - Ohio Meet 2003

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW: Quaker Steak & Lube is a restaurant.. A car buffs restaurant. They have cars, bikes and anything related throughout the restaurant. Wheels as stools, corvettes on lifts, a West Coast Chopper hanging from the ceiling as well as a rail dragster hanging upsdie down from the ceiling.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Can anyone tell me the motel where most are staying? What time are the get togethers for each day? Any map/directions for each locations? Sorry so many questions as I've never been there. Thanks...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The official meet hotel is

Quality Inn South
1944 Miamisburg Centerville Rd. (Rte 725)
Dayton, OH 45459
937-435-1550

Room rates are $47.00 + tax
Ask for rooms under "Supra"
Quality Inn

We will have maps of everything soon. We will also have maps available at the meet.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dyno Tune Motorsports will be our official location for dynos. Cost is $65. If you pay in advance (before May 20) cost is $55.00. You can paypal me at [email protected] or send a money order to

James Razor
3522 S. Kettering Blvd.
Suite B
Dayton, OH 45439

Please let me know what times you would like. I will try to schedule you as close to it as possible.

We will be meeting at RJR Motorsports at 9 AM. They will be sending us off with bagels, donuts and coffee. We will leave at 10 AM, hoping to arrive at Dyno Tune Motorsports by 11:30 AM.

Lunch is on your own. Traditionally, we have raided the local Hooters.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This does include wideband O2 sensor. In fairness, so that everyone gets a chance to have their car on the dyno, you will only get 3-pulls per hookup. You will only be allowed a second hookup once everyone has had their chance. The 2nd hookup will be offered at a reduced rate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I be there
been working my butt off trying to get the MKII cruise worthy. Still have ALOT to go though. With a little luck and more then a little money It'll be ready

1 - 20 of 32 Posts