Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 L Type and I found a new toyota SST EFI checker that is for my car and I need to know what plug adapter # to order for my 82 (a picture of it would also help me out). The SST # 09991-00100 is just for the EFI Check unit. I can't seem to find the adapter part number anywhere online and the dealers here in Utah are stumpified and don't want to help me.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Complete instructions posted later in this thread.

Thanks to AJ for selling me the 5M-GE engine repair manual and letting me borrow his machine over a weekend. I highly recommend owning the 1982 manual if you own a 1982 Supra.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not quite sure if it needs an adapter or not. I was wondering if it needed one or if it had plugs on it. The lady at the toyota tool place did not seem to know. Toyota is still making the checker so I thought I would pick one up. All I have seen is a crude drawing of one in my service manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the manual pictures, it is a huge help. Would it be possible for you to scan more of the pages that deal with using the EFI checker? I do not have the 82 supra TSM. Again thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
OK, now it comes back. The EFI checker has male female (I think) plugs that allow you to plug it in between the ECU and harness wiring. The round connectors are a separate test that is done later, and plugs into connectors in the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
complete instructions reposted later in this thread.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Here are the instructions for using the EFI checker from the 1982 5M-GE Engine Repair Manual.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
I have bought probably 3 or 4 off eBay, in the range of $50-$100ish, the one I posted is currently $120 shipped ??

IF you have an early Supra then having the correct manuals is very helpful as well...The 82 Supra is the only Supra that has 8 seperate repairs manuals vs 2 manuals for the later years. 81/82 Supra manuals are hard to find, I have put together 3 sets over the last few years, time consuming and $$...

The EFI Checker is helpful for any non TCCS early 81/82 Supra and also tests many of the sensors on all years of Supras...

Where did you get the SST 09991-00100 (EFI Checker), and how much was it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Toyota SST 09991-00100 [thanks for everyone's help]

After fighting a rather strange problem I had with my car stalling out while driving, for over 6 months, I have found the problem. It turns out that the aftermarket fuel pump I installed 7 months ago, is dropping fuel pressure to 11 PSI, causing the fuel Injectors to shut down. I bought and used the Toyota EFI checker, but could not find any errors. After months and many $$ replacing AFM's, ECU's and all sensors, I broke down and took my 82 supra to the local toyota dealer, who had a tech that was a pro with servicing Mark II supras. I have ordered the Toyota Fuel Pump from mark (his supra.com discount saved me big $$$) I wanted to thank everyone that has given me advice on my problem over the last few months. I also would hope that my experience will help someone that is having performance problems like mine. Have an awesome Holiday Season and a happy New Year.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
(From a previous post) Also for all those '82 and MK1 owners, I just figured out the Toyota Technician Handbook (Silver and Black cover), EFI and Engine Control Systems has a short chapter 5 pages on how to use the EFI Checker SST. # 09991-00100 list dates from 79-1/2 to '82...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Arch,

If you can get a good photocopy of those pages, I'll scan and post to the board.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Copy Steve...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts