Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Toyota TCCS Checker on eBay no 5MGE harness

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AJ 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Guido, I haven't seen them offered separately, you might want to ask Mark Sherman??

Harness # 11 5MGE Part # 09991-01210

#4 ·
#6 ·
There's a few TCCS checkers for sale on eBay currently...the best I can tell NO 5MGE harness included in any of the auctions...

#7 ·
I believe I have some compromised wires in my harness due to some heat and PO stabbing the wire insulation with a blunt point voltage tester. Does this diagnostic checker detect problems in the harness wires between the ignition components and the 5MGE ECU?

If yes I would be stoked to buy one or if anyone is kind and willing to lend me one I would pay a proper deposit and rental fee. I would buy one for the market price as long as it has the 5MGE test harness.

Alternatively I would be interested in a good clean harness for a 1985 Mk2.

Feel free to PM

#8 ·
TSup engine harness or ??

I would say the TCCS checker would detect if a sensor wasn't functioning or not... not detecting if its a wiring problem
Reversing that then you would have to determine IF the sensor was bad or not then diagnosis if then a wiring issue.

#9 ·
I would pull check engine codes as well...to also give you some direction on where to check for bad wires...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.