Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this is a long shot, but ...

I'm trying to find out if the Toyota 1JZ-GTE autobox - driveshaft yokes are compatable across models?

I have a twin-turbo JZX-90 Chaser half-cut, which arrived sans yoke :( . While I haven't checked yet, I'm assuming I'd be whistling Dixie in the dark hoping that my MA-61 auto yoke will be compatible with that of the half-cut. So, my options are to buy a JZX-81 yoke for sale, find a Soarer/Lexcus auto 1JZ yoke that's cheaper, or pay an outrageous fortune for a special import auto JZX-90 Chaser yoke.

Could anyone even suggest the how/where to get this info from?

Any help would be most welcome!

- Justin

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
More than likely it's the same as an MA70 auto yoke, which should be easy enough to find. Actually I'm pretty sure I have a spare one floating around in the garage! And wouldn't you know it, it fits perfectly in a W58. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Norbie,

Sorry Norbie, now I'm REALLY confused! Your saying that an MA-70 auto yoke will work with JZX-91 auto gearbox and MA-61 drive-shaft (with appropriately modded length & strength)?

- Justin

PS: I know this would make more sense if I could remember the different codes for Toyota auto boxes!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
What I'm saying is, the MA70 auto yoke fits in an MA61 transmission (auto or manual). I'm pretty sure the MA70 auto would be the same as the JZX80/90 auto, so chances are you'll be right with your existing yoke!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Norbie,

You might have saved me a few quid, just when I really need them! I'll keep researching and hold-fire on buying anything until I get my MA-61 yoke out.

- Justin

·
Registered
227 Posts
Search user has question

:eek: A thread revival! :runaway: O.K. I just USED search and read through the entire drivetrain section for about 6 hours...and I still have a question. I posted in this thread because it was a related question. Please bare with me. Scenario: I had to change my transmission several years ago, the donor was in a junkyard. I changed the front and rear seals when I put it in. About 6 months to a year later, the rear seal popped out. The result was a chewed up tailshaft housing.:frown: So I found another and put it on with a new seal. I noticed the front yoke of the driveshaft looked a little worn on one side, but I thought it would be ok. WRONG! Repeated the above experience. :mofomad: I aquired a 5M engine(with out a head), trans, driveshaft, & some other stuff a few years ago from a (81-85?) Cressida, don't recall the exact year. Pretty sure it was a 5M-E. My question is will the Cressida driveshaft fit my MA47? If not, will the front yoke work? If not, it's on my "To get SOON" list. Sorry this is so long, this is one of my major problems with my car. I appreciate and thank you for any help.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Three Cheers for...

:zzzzz: Eureka! While on AIM tonight, srpmech (not sure of forum name) helped me out. The Cressy driveshaft will NOT fit, there is a difference in length. However, the front yoke WILL fit the MK1. I decided to post this info just in case anybody has gotten ahold of my luck. :nutkick: THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!! :woohoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts