Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question...

When the ECU goes into Open loop mode and the ECU starts going off the fuel maps instead of sensor feedback, is the signal from the AFM still referenced on the fuel maps or is it ignored?

The reason I ask, is that I am debating on disabling the WOT setting on my TPS once I do the MAF conversion, as the fuel maps in the stock ECU will be completely useless at that point with my 295's.... If it still references the AFM signal (or in this case it will be the MAF signal) then the fuel maps should be ok, as the AFm signal will be modified for the added size of the injectors. If it is just a simple "This RPM=This long of injector duration", then I could end up suffering from a severe overfueling, which will make producing boost almost impossible...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yes, the ECU still references AFM in open loop. Try disconnecting the afm when the engine is cold and you'll see it won't do much more than idle, if that. If that wasn't the case, 5mgte's would REALLY be screwed at WOT. I believe the only sensor it doesn't pay attention to is the O2.

Christian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts