Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this weekend sucked for sure. :evil: :evil:
I was on my way to my friends bachelor party, and I was following another friend down there. Traffic suddenly stopped and I had no time to react, tried to swerve up onto the curb and got about half way there, tires locked and BOOM- good bye front end of supra. :mad: Took out the bumper, pass. fender, grille, pass. headlight and assembly, pass fog light and hood. Worse yet, put part of something through the radiator and pushed the radiator and the metal bar it bolts to into my p/s pump, warping the pulley and killing the bearing. Bent up my fan, destroyed the shroud, and bent the inner fender and frame (unibody) where the headlight bolts on. Actually, pushed the whole pass headlight assembly and radiator about a foot or so back. Not a pretty sight, let me tell you. Fortunately for me, the front end of my 83 parts car was in relatively good shape. I now have a white 82P with blue doors, blue hood, blue front bumper, blue L-type fenders, and one white, one blue headlight. Had to do lots of hammering and welding, welding and hammering, aligning, straightning, weld some more, bang some more, etc... Monster PITA! So to everyone who Im looking up parts for/owe money to/etc, Im NOT forgetting, just been a bit preoccupied. :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident hope you ar OK.

will

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Same here. I know you are bummed about the car but we are glad you're okay.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Sorry bout that,

Thats one of the problems with having so much hands-on time in the engine----if something were to happen---you can instantly see every single little detail of everything that got trashed.

Good Luck on The Repair....Post some Before and Afters.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, things are going okay so far. Only thing that really sucks is the part of the body where the pass. headlight assembly bolts to is all mangled. I tried to hammer it, but the best I can do the light is still a good two inches lower then where it should be, and it rubs on the hood when open. Wel'' see how things go after tonight, ill get some pics up.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
hope you can get everything sorted... i think my car was once in a fender bender too, the right side light seems to rub the hood, although that could have just been my fault when reinstalling the hood.

i hate it when you work on a car so long and you can pick every lil problem out, yet every one else says "where?" its kinda nice, kind of irritating, but maybe im just weird :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts