Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Hey thanks for posting that, a couple questions though. I see theres a 2 year difference between these 2 dyno runs and it looks like they were done at different dyno shops. Also wasn't there an engine rebuild inbetween if you added oversize valves? Was this an early 5m to start with as 135is is really low for a later healthy 5m, nm one with bolt ons.

These are the shadbolt cams too correct? Any issues with the shims or anything?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi. the engine was an 85 - 135whp with headers and intake is pretty normal for these engines. The cams were shadbolt - no issues with shims at all just dropped them in below the lash adjusters. I used the ones Barry sent with the Cams. Head was rebuilt with 1mm O/S SS valves and all new valve train components. I actually pulled over 160 with that setup but I can't find the charts - on that one I took off the A/C belt and cooled the intake box. Idle was a bit loppy but nothing to worry about - I upped the idle to 750 and it took care of it.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Cool, nice to know.

135 is pretty common on stock or near stock later 5ms that are a little tired, but a near stock rebuilt 5m will do at least 140. Of course it all comes down to the dyno, I'm talking in Dynojet ranges. This being a dynometer might knock another 10 percent off.

You still have this thing? You should bring it down for a meet sometime. We'll probably be doing the Run of the Ogopogo again next year and we'll definitly squeeze in some smaller scale lower mainland meets before that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
No I pulled the engine and sold off the parts - I'm in the final stages of ding a 7MGTE if Robert ever gets me the intercooler, pipes and intake I bought. I'll attend a meet once I'm back on the road.
Art

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Thread resurrection!
Are the TRD 272 Copies still available and what was the price for both in the end?
Thanks to any replies in advance
I have not talked to the people at Shadbolt Camshafts in Vancouver, BC Canada for years but they are still around.

http://www.shadboltcams.com/contact.html

You can certainly send them a request for pricing and information.
Their camshaft catalog was on paper so I'm sure they still have the specifications.
As has been mentioned, they have other profiles, both milder and more extreme so you may want to explain to them your application.

Regards,

Dale

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
I believe it was 2014 when I last contacted them about these. They still could do them at the time. I ended up opting not to do it as it required new rocker arms and they wouldn't do the machining to the cam cases (I didn't want to go the shim route) and my head is super low miles so I was worried about screwing it up. I may try these yet in the future if I don't attain my torque curve goals, but I went another route at the time and it worked out ok (none cam mods to gain some more top end).

261 - 267 of 267 Posts